Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

road traffic film remover

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buck

hi can you use  you use  this  after  using hypo on driveway just to wash down may take away the sent of the

strong bleach or can you recommend anything eles

Best thing to use is clever scent you add 300 mm of it to 20 ltr drum of hypo and it kills the smell Bonnymans sell it , tfr will not remove the smell it’s just a waist of product using that 

@Pjj dumb question I know, but why do you mask the scent - I just tell custy's that the 'chemical' will smell once used but will dissipate in a day or so. Never had anyone complain - and do quite a few regularly? What am I missing?

@Pjj dumb question I know, but why do you mask the scent - I just tell custy's that the 'chemical' will smell once used but will dissipate in a day or so. Never had anyone complain - and do quite a few regularly? What am I missing?

You don’t have to use it but generally I don’t want customers know what Ime using , some will complaine about the smell so I just use it as a matter of course , you only need 300 mm in a 20 ltr drum of hypo to make it smell like lemons , I quite like the smell of bleach strangely enough but the lemon smell is much nicer . If the customer thinks you are using hypo on there walls etc they will think I can do that myself and save a lot of money , they don’t realise what else is required,I did a load of rendered and brick walls in a customers garden years ago , they asked what I was using so like a fool told them , he said ok thanks for that from now on I’ll do it myself, list out on a nice little job , now I just say it’s a special trade chemical , which it is ???

I love the smell of hypo in the morning... :1f609:

Good to know about the mask though - corporate work tend to prefer lemons ? 

You are better off buying grease gobbler if you can find it as it has enzymes that eat the oil.

Others available but don't know what they are called.

Or if it's a small spot dab some petrol on ot to loosen it and use a mapgas blowtorch and burn it out.

It is a better option even for bigger stains if you can charge for the time to do it.

Mapgas burns hotter than the others and will burn it out once it is hot enough.

Did that on my own drive when stripping my old rs turbo to sell parts and the drive shaft popped out leaving gearbox oil everywhere.

The problem using tfr or a degreaser is it takes the top layer off and looks ok but when it rains the oil in the brick rises up and is visible again.

If you explain the process and it takes a while then charge well for it.

You are better off buying grease gobbler if you can find it as it has enzymes that eat the oil.

Others available but don't know what they are called.

Or if it's a small spot dab some petrol on ot to loosen it and use a mapgas blowtorch and burn it out.

It is a better option even for bigger stains if you can charge for the time to do it.

Mapgas burns hotter than the others and will burn it out once it is hot enough.

Did that on my own drive when stripping my old rs turbo to sell parts and the drive shaft popped out leaving gearbox oil everywhere.

The problem using tfr or a degreaser is it takes the top layer off and looks ok but when it rains the oil in the brick rises up and is visible again.

If you explain the process and it takes a while then charge well for it.
Just don’t do this method on a Tarmac drive ?????

Back