Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help me choose please!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Paul600

Turned down a few PW jobs so far as only been going for just over a year but just done a job and there's a load more work he wants doing but it includes a small PW job so thinking of taking the plunge in a minor way.

I mainly service Victorian terraced houses in a very built up area so my main jobs are going to be small courtyards and patios, maybe the odd driveway. I need to be able to carry the unit through houses to the back yards. Without rolling it over the carpets.

Don't really want to get a karcher as I don't think it looks very professional so looking at a Honda GX160. Never seen one in the flesh so can I ask is this a good choice? Can it be carried at a push. 

If so I have found a couple for sale second hand.

First one is just up the road from me and he wants £345. Comes with a hose and gun and a new Unloader valve

Second is a 3hr round trip which I don't mind doing but is £150. This one however does not come with a hose and lance and has been left in the garage for years.

I intend to get a turbo nozzle rather than a flat surface cleaner as like I say I only intend to do small areas at least to start with so bear this in mind.

If I go and look at one is there anything I should be looking out for as they both look pretty well used?

I've attached two images, first one with the lance is the more expensive one.

Appreciate any help thanks?

Screenshot_20200127-200145_Facebook.jpg

ad_1580155255808.jpg

I'm PW tomorrow round the corner from my house. I will push the washer round rather than put it in the van. Just a thank you job for a few of my windy customers to keep them sweet. Will try out my 1200mm lance that I fitted my Falch nozzle too. I hope this is the last time I remove it and it stays on the 1200mm lance. Got a new twin turbo nozzle which I may try out. In the end, you can't have enough lances all ready to go in case one get's damaged. With the mild weather, my PW jobs have started early and hope they continue till October.

? yes does a bit, he says that he's got it out the garage after a few years, filled it with petrol and it started first time. Yeah starting to think it might be worth giving it a miss. Just thought it might be easily serviced and sorted?

? yes does a bit, he says that he's got it out the garage after a few years, filled it with petrol and it started first time. Yeah starting to think it might be worth giving it a miss. Just thought it might be easily serviced and sorted?

Give Ben at Rutland pumps a ring he is a good honest guy and dies have some secondhand machines , he is a good guy and reasonable prices better off buying a machine of him than someone you know nothing about 

Turned down a few PW jobs so far as only been going for just over a year but just done a job and there's a load more work he wants doing but it includes a small PW job so thinking of taking the plunge in a minor way.

I mainly service Victorian terraced houses in a very built up area so my main jobs are going to be small courtyards and patios, maybe the odd driveway. I need to be able to carry the unit through houses to the back yards. Without rolling it over the carpets.

Don't really want to get a karcher as I don't think it looks very professional so looking at a Honda GX160. Never seen one in the flesh so can I ask is this a good choice? Can it be carried at a push. 

If so I have found a couple for sale second hand.

First one is just up the road from me and he wants £345. Comes with a hose and gun and a new Unloader valve

Second is a 3hr round trip which I don't mind doing but is £150. This one however does not come with a hose and lance and has been left in the garage for years.

I intend to get a turbo nozzle rather than a flat surface cleaner as like I say I only intend to do small areas at least to start with so bear this in mind.

If I go and look at one is there anything I should be looking out for as they both look pretty well used?

I've attached two images, first one with the lance is the more expensive one.

Appreciate any help thanks?

View attachment 19047

View attachment 19048
Hello Paul. I don't do many pressure washing jobs but I purchased my petrol washer primarily for washing my van and keeping my own property clean

I know many will say no... but I service clean and look after all my kit so my pressure washer was a wise investment in my humble opinion..

I don't have £3000 plus to spend out on a 21LPM Honda 13hp interpump Ferrari 

And Santa didn't bring me one.

I also purchased a great little surface cleaner which does what I want it too. 

Links to my personal reviews and thoughts below 

If I was you working on small court yards I would buy an electric, you can get some decent Karcher units, something like this -

KARCHER PRO HD400 INDUSTRIAL PRESSURE WASHER

So long as the jobs are on terrace houses yards it would be fine.

Back