Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2nd terrible day in under a week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not good mate, try and keep your chin up, it's horrible when **** like that gets thrown at you, but it will all come good eventually. How did it happen?

I hit a big cat, well i say big cat it was a Jaguar.

I was very nearly stopped when i hit it, the guy in the jag milked it for all its worth, 3 paramedics to get him out of his car, then stretchered into Ambulance and taken to hospital.

I hit him so slowly neither my airbags or his went off, even the old bill said he was milking the fk out of it (off record obviously)

20200127_122435.jpg

20200127_122440.jpg

On the upside ive picked myself up the bargain of the century.

SWB Vivaro

113k miles 

MoTd 20th Jan 2020 (£150 to get advisorys fixed)

Cosmetically brilliant

Runs like a dream

All it needs is the rear floor re-ply'd the walls in back ply'd then painted with BullyLiner.

£1400 

My mate thats a Vauxhall Mechanic says its a £2500 van all day long.

20200129_140632.jpg

20200129_140644.jpg

Bad day today. Lost a £700 job because  priced it a ton higher because it was all bits and pieces. Then I realised the time of year, not much work going about but if it was the summer everyone would be busy. Then this morning my ladder was too short and it was only a 5 minute job but they will need to get a scaffold. So having an easy day with 40mph winds up here.

Van looks like you got a bargain.

i wouldn’t bother ply lining it. In my experience it does nothing but trap moisture and go mouldy, even when you paint it. 

SWB Vivaro

113k miles 

Cosmetically brilliant

Runs like a dream

All it needs is the rear floor re-ply'd the walls in back ply'd then painted with BullyLiner.

£1400 

View attachment 19081

View attachment 19082
i hope thats got a refurb engine in cos if you check the milage history its done over 300k miles 

Van looks like you got a bargain.

i wouldn’t bother ply lining it. In my experience it does nothing but trap moisture and go mouldy, even when you paint it. 
Agree, water will find it's way in anywhere this is the post to read if want to do the job properly https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/forums/topic/26070-protectakote/?tab=comments#comment-378289 although I didn't bother with the expanding foam, I just dropped down the ply lining covering the wheel arches, all the rest is worth doing do it properly once you won't have to do it again.  

vivaros are well known to be terrible,unreliable vans esp older second hand ones....lets hope yours is ok for a few years?....the amount of people that have injector problems and gearbox/clutch problems is unreal......

SWB Vivaro

113k miles 

Cosmetically brilliant

Runs like a dream

£1400 

View attachment 19081

View attachment 19082
Nice clean van that pal.

Back