Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How I Sorted My Shurflo Pump Out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Water doesnt cum out i gotta go back to the van and disconnect the hose adapters then water comes out if i leave it off for a while then i gotta do it again n again?

Could be airlock, depends how well it's coming out when hose is disconnected. Try disconnecting and giving it full belt or a minute or so, you can catch the water in a bottle and put it back! But it can be running at the end, but not well enough to go through hose

tank full

also its a pure freedom trolley basically but all in a van mount /emoticons/smile.png

this morning my pump wasnt working

and i think its cos of the weather

i put it on full wack at 99 of varistream on n off for 10 mins and then it started working

i think its cos of the weather

i just parked up in garage.... and covered everything up /emoticons/smile.png

Water doesnt come out unless i put it up to 99.... plus i have to keep disconnecting the hose everytime between jobs

when i disconnect the hose it starts coiming through normally then i gotta attach it to the hose reel and it starts working again but when i put my tap on to stop the flow for over a few mins the water will stop coming out again then i gotta go back to the van and do the same again and again ?

help plz

So its not just ME today that was ******* around with my pump, I think its the cold, after 3 bloody hours and about 20 airlock bleeds it started working again, I did have to re set my pump a few times

Are you sure the water in your pole hose is not freezing up, it freezes very quickly when water stops flowing in freezing weather.

H

what have you done to cause this? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last time you got resin into your tank which then got sucked up into your pump. Have you fitted a filter yet? Could there be another piece of resin stuck in the one way valve in the pump?

First let see if the non return valve is working. Connect everything up and run your pump until it stops pumping water. What happens at the controller? Is the pump running but not pumping. If the pump is running, switch it off. Unscrew the connector onto your hose reel and blow down it. If you can blow air back through the pump into your tank, you have a problem with your non return valve in the pump. Have you opened the pump section. If you have, did you replace the delicate little spring that sits ontop of the non return valve? If you lost it, didn't know one was there, or forgot to put it back then this is could be your problem.

If your Shurflo pump has frozen full of water, there is the possibility that the internal pumping diaphragm has been pushed off its seat. If it's torn it will leak water into the motor and you will know about it.

If the controller is dead ending when the pump stops and the pump won't restart, then try recalibrating the controller.

As has been mentioned, there could be a block of ice in the pipe that gets sucked up and blocks the inlet to the pump/inlet pump filter.

You could also have a problem with one of your hozelok fittings that has a non return valve in it. We found a couple that gave up after a short time. The connector wasn't pushing it off its seat and allowing it to open.

let us know what you find out.

Don't have any of these problems with trad. Straight In the van today & off. No freezing equipment. Sorry H can't help as have not got a clue what yer on about but will stress again that if something like this happens by learning trad you could still go out to work.

I used to have the same problem i also had a purefredoom trolley system it was an airlock. everytime i changed barells i would get an airlock so had to disconnect from hose reel let all the air come out and i mean all the air then reconnect. i put money on it thats your problem. i used to turn my flowmaster on 99 to combat it thinking this would help but only a trickle of water would come out the brush. this was all due to air locks. i have a tank now . much happier now

Hey posh once you go wfp youll never go back no matter what happens the thought of going back to trad methods makes me feel quite ill and would have to take the day off anyway lol.

The cold weather will make most pumps labour in the morning but they should be okay after a short while. Do you have a pressure switch on the pump. I wonder whether its dead ending when you stop the flow but when you restart the pressure switch isn't releasing.

Frozen water in hose

froxen water in spindle/ reel

Got anything clogged in the jet hose tubing just before jets?

Do you have a mesh filter before the pump? If not you may well have something jamming your pump?

It shouldnt be freezing water causing it as 99 would not be high pressure enough to clear a frozen water block

If your system is dead ending showing as DE on the flowmaster hold down the left button and the right button at the same time and the flowmaster will show CAL for calibration once you see this turn it up to 99 and press enter this will set the dead end detection higher. This will stop the pump cutting out if there is a minor blockage like an air lock etc. worked for me until I realised it was an air lock. hope this helps anyone that needs help.

Back