Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory Ladder

Right I think it's about time I looked into buying one of these. Any recommendations, are they worth the money? I imagine they save a lot of time when it comes to detailing work on top of a conservatory

What no link or pic? /emoticons/biggrin.png

But I'm guessing you mean one of theses http://easi-dec.co.uk/store/conservatory-roof-ladder.html

I have this one as the base can be adjusted for slopping ground unlike other cheaper makes.

Right I think it's about time I looked into buying one of these. Any recommendations, are they worth the money? I imagine they save a lot of time when it comes to detailing work on top of a conservatory

Pic please /emoticons/wink.png

Cheaper to get a Vikan hedgehog brush for that sort of thing. That's what I use and works the business on conny, roof finials and trim

Yep been looking at the easi-dec looks decent and has the kneeling pad to! Seen other cheaper ones but they look a bit flimsy!!

Hotwash that's what I do currently but it's no good for when there are real stubborn stains that need a bit of cream restorer to bring them up lovely!

Cheers for the link hotwash, my gardiner sill brush does the job lovely though. Looks a nice brush though, may get one and see how it does! But surely your hotwash system doesn't completely eliminate all the stains completely does it!?

Fan jets get right in every where, parts pencil jets don't seem to reach, you got to turn your pump up higher with jets to get the spray good, and it doesn't use any more water.

I haven't encountered any yet.

I do sometimes put Ubik 2000 or virosol on brush or even type 32 solvent Wurth brand on it and have been fine so far.

Sometimes takes a while longer but always looks like new after they been hot washed.

I may put my fan jets in my sill brush and see how I get on with them on my next conservatory on Friday. Yeah I do give a pre spray of virosol and usually it comes up a treat, just thinking a conservatory ladder will make things quicker! Have you tried the wurth cream? Lovely stuff, I've not tried the solvent though

I use gardiner sill brushes too. I have loads of brushes, but use dual trim sill brushes most often. I find it handy to have so many different types of brush head. Going to try gardiner new brush system I think I could have some fun with lots of it.

Fan jets get right in every where, parts pencil jets don't seem to reach, you got to turn your pump up higher with jets to get the spray good, and it doesn't use any more water.
I haven't encountered any yet.

I do sometimes put Ubik 2000 or virosol on brush or even type 32 solvent Wurth brand on it and have been fine so far.

Sometimes takes a while longer but always looks like new after they been hot washed.
Why not just use tap water instead of wasting pure water?

I use tap water to give a big rinse and get all the little bits of loose **** off but then use the pure water to finish, especially on glass roofs or you'll end up with water spots everywhere!!

My tap water is really low ppm probably one of the lowest in the UK. Resin lasts ages so don't really find it's a waste. Surely it's all about the pure water?
On a glass roof yeah. even then Ill wash with tap water then clean with pure water. I would say it more about your brush, pole and cleaning products

Going to try gardiner new brush system I think I could have some fun with lots of it.
So how would that work when you need to use two angle adapters to be able to scrub back of frames (blind side) on awkward jobs like these for instance?

View attachment 2225

View attachment 2226

View attachment 2227

View attachment 2229

I tend to have to use two angle cranks on a lot of jobs I do as the only way is to deep clean them is from the front.Or if lucky from side but still blind to clean the back of frames on this type of conservatories.

View attachment 2228

I bought conny ladders back last year and got to say it was the best thing I ever done so much easier to clean the roof.

Back