Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Belfastcleaning

Hot Water Systems

Belfastcleaning

I fancy going hot.. What hot water systems do you recommend?

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I think they would be deadly on conservatory and UPVC cleans?

Belfastcleaning

Yes mate, be good for first cleans, and good for the cold weather!!

Smurf posted a pic a while ago, looked like he used a portable heater for his PVC jobs. Would be a good idea

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Yes mate, be good for first cleans, and good for the cold weather!!

Smurf posted a pic a while ago, looked like he used a portable heater for his PVC jobs. Would be a good idea

What were you looking at getting? DIY one or the proper one with the vent etc on it?

rcproperty

Would reccommend the L5 if you are going down the diy route.

been using mine non stop since november, makes quick work of conservatory roofs, cladding and 1st cleans!

HotWash Window Cleaners

Diesel with recirculating system and frost stat for cold weather protection. Go with your budget. I got lucky enough with my heat wave. Hot water cleans better and quicker. I am putting another diesel one in van number 2 in a couple of months. You can tell the difference remarkably if you don't turn the heat on. Don't know how I used to manage with cold. The cold water systems in my opinion are rubbish.

Too much like hard work.

HotWash Window Cleaners

There is a cheap way to diy diesel system from car parts, from cooling and heating systems.

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Diesel with recirculating system and frost stat for cold weather protection. Go with your budget. I got lucky enough with my heat wave. Hot water cleans better and quicker. I am putting another diesel one in van number 2 in a couple of months. You can tell the difference remarkably if you don't turn the heat on. Don't know how I used to manage with cold. The cold water systems in my opinion are rubbish.

Too much like hard work.

I really dont see the point in hot wash to bo honest. Well first cleans, Conny roofs and PVC cleans. Apart from that its a waste if your just using it for maintenance cleans. Hot water will just be as good as cold water on regular cleans.

cleans

rcproperty

Too much like hard work.

i know how you feel with that! i hate using cold now, takes to longer to clean plus hoses are bad to work with cold! warm water gets rid of anything like bird muck and i find it drys quicker too!

adyspurs

So how do I diy mine as nothing to lose,don't want to spend thousands as getting new carpet machine this year as want 2 ,one for back up.

Rc your the man,if anyone interested could they fit it,will sort them out.RC can you advise mate.

rcproperty

So how do I diy mine as nothing to lose,don't want to spend thousands as getting new carpet machine this year as want 2 ,one for back up.

Rc your the man,if anyone interested could they fit it,will sort them out.RC can you advise mate.

i'll pm you

kevinc250

the l5 heater i have had for two years now is spot on-can't reccomend them enough,tune em up a bit and they work even better for window cleaners and you'll still have hot at under 1 l per min(they need a high flow for the heater to work)instant hot pure water for trad work is the bee's knees though

adyspurs

really like rc set uo very tidy.the more I think about it the more I'm wanting this done.think it would be helpful on really mucky cleans.

DanC

How long does the gas last? and how much does it cost to run?

rcproperty

How long does the gas last? and how much does it cost to run?

with mine the longest it has done me is 2 weeks using a 6kg bottle. cost me £13 for it. so about £1.30 a day for me.

Richard

i know how you feel with that! i hate using cold now, takes to longer to clean plus hoses are bad to work with cold! warm water gets rid of anything like bird muck and i find it drys quicker too!

For regular maintenance work, the warmer the pure water means it takes a bit longer to clean each window; i.e. in the winter the water is colder & brush bristles will remain stiffer, summer the water is warmer and the same brush bristle will be softer

Hotter water has a lower surface tension and dissolves dirt, not what you want for maintenance cleans, it cost more to use, its not needed on over 98% of the windows and much slower to use on those windows.

Richard

adyspurs
For regular maintenance work' date=' the warmer the pure water means it takes a bit longer to clean each window; i.e. in the winter the water is colder & brush bristles will remain stiffer, summer the water is warmer and the same brush bristle will be softer [/font']

Hotter water has a lower surface tension and dissolves dirt, not what you want for maintenance cleans, it cost more to use, its not needed on over 98% of the windows and much slower to use on those windows.

Richard

That was my thinking to,costs etc,you more savvy than me but for those first really mucky cleans it must be more effective.

kevinc250

How did you tune it up Kevin?

hi smurf on the outlet of the heater insert a tap washer(these have a smaller hole in them and create backpressure within the heater)and on the inlet install a flow restrictor -i'll source that link today and connect to the flow switch inside the heater-its a clever thing and allows the heater to turn on and run on a low flow.

Smurf

I've found warm/hot water does help on some ad-hoc & filthy first cleans. After saying that though I have no real need to use it on every job. Not only that it's a waste of money running a water heater when not realy needed.

In my area many now use hot window washing as a branding gimmick. I know a lot of local lads with theropure and gas water heater system fitted in thir vans which they too also don't use hot on every job.

That was my thinking to,costs etc,you more savvy than me but for those first really mucky cleans it must be more effective.

Smurf

Thanks Kev....looking forward to you posting the links

hi smurf on the outlet of the heater insert a tap washer(these have a smaller hole in them and create backpressure within the heater)and on the inlet install a flow restrictor -i'll source that link today and connect to the flow switch inside the heater-its a clever thing and allows the heater to turn on and run on a low flow.

Belfastcleaning

Smurf, have you any pics of your set up? I seen a pic where it was on someones patio.. Do you just plug it into the customers tap? Or use from the tank in van?

Guest OoO

Be great for first cleans and canvassing. When you ave 10 first cleans in a day it ain't fun lol

rcproperty

For regular maintenance work, the warmer the pure water means it takes a bit longer to clean each window; i.e. in the winter the water is colder & brush bristles will remain stiffer, summer the water is warmer and the same brush bristle will be softer

Richard

do you use a hot water system? if so what do you use??

as for what you have said its pritty much wrong, the warmer the water the quicker it is to clean, in the winter everything stayed soft even the bristles.

so hot water dissolves the dirt which is good, but why wouldnt you want to dissolve the dirt on maintenance cleans??

the hot water gives a better and cleaner finish than cold water, gives the windows a good shine to them too! i have found that i have done the same amount of work in less time due to hot water so making you more money.

My running cost of £1.30 a day 7am-5pm on a good day is nothing when you earn over £200-£300 in that time!

if hot water wasnt good at cleaning then no one would use it to do the washing up in or just wash full stop!!!!!

rcproperty

how come you didnt use the screw that they have fitted to change the flow to be able to use on a low pressure??

on my L5 just turned the screw on it and can use mine down to a running flow of 20psi, this meaning you can turn the gas flow down and save even more gas!

kevinc250

from the rs compnents website source water flow switches and scroll half way down they are about £24

kevinc250

how come you didnt use the screw that they have fitted to change the flow to be able to use on a low pressure??

on my L5 just turned the screw on it and can use mine down to a running flow of 20psi, this meaning you can turn the gas flow down and save even more gas!

what screw?????????? do tell