Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing

moliere

Hi guys,

I'm getting mixed feelings about this but I was just wondering what i should charge per window?

I live just outside the Guildford area in Surrey, I was thinking £1.50 per window as a rough guide?

Cheers

Hello mate a lot of pricing is location I lived in shepperton which is approx. 15 miles up the road from you and I know Guildford has it nice areas I also did a lot of work around there but ( over 20 years ago ) every job is different £1.50 can work no problem but I have found this is always a rough guild to pricing,

You can try but if your new starting out you may need to offer cheaper prices to attract customers.

We have all done it.

I just price it by how long it will take, fuel cost, travelling time. The pound per widow or 1.50 per window can come back and bit you in the a-hole

if you have an idea of how long to clean a house just price it by time to clean, you should have a rough idea of pricing by the size of the house, this will come naturally you can also underprice. it will all come with experience

You should be charging per hour mate, I'm in Heathrow and aim for around £140 a day (5-6 hours working) and I think you could aim for £140 ish for a 4-5 hour day over your way.

You should be charging per hour mate, I'm in Heathrow and aim for around £140 a day (5-6 hours working) and I think you could aim for £140 ish for a 4-5 hour day over your way.
i couldnt handle the pay cut lol ha ha

i couldnt handle the pay cut lol ha ha
Lol mine isn't all windows to be fair, a lot is car cleaning

i was just having a joke bud, im happy earning that,
i would think car washing is a refreshing change to window cleaning all day, even if the money isant as good

Hello people.

I new to this site.

I would like to pick yours brains, ive got a big job coming up and the house/mansion has about 50 windows and doors, but I dont want to overprice them....... I was thinking £1.25 per windows does that sound to much/ or too little???

Thank you

Hello people.

I new to this site.

I would like to pick yours brains, ive got a big job coming up and the house/mansion has about 50 windows and doors, but I dont want to overprice them....... I was thinking £1.25 per windows does that sound to much/ or too little???

Thank you
well it depends on lots of differant things :

time

if its a regular clean or 1 off

access

travel time

type of windows

heres how i price my big jobs that i do 3 monthly

if its going to take half an hour u want £ 25-30.

it its going to take an hour u want £40-50.

these prices based on 1 man.

Hi guys,

I'm getting mixed feelings about this but I was just wondering what i should charge per window?

I live just outside the Guildford area in Surrey, I was thinking £1.50 per window as a rough guide?

Cheers
You need to approach your pricing from your business first, not from the customers perspective. How many customers do you plan on cleaning per hour? How many hours are you working per week? What does it cost you to provide the service? Keep doing this, because one question leads to another and before you know it – pricing is less of a problem – then your thoughts go into your profit rather than just the overall customer price.

You’re going to make mistakes, but you will make a lot less.

Richard

i was just having a joke bud, im happy earning that,
i would think car washing is a refreshing change to window cleaning all day, even if the money isant as good
Lol yer it mate. Especially the big details (which actually pay well), much more rewarding when you finish /emoticons/smile.png

To the OP

Don't price to cheap, if the first customers say no, don't lower your price. There will always be a customer that will pay for quality work

Well said Richard.... :Image9:

You need to approach your pricing from your business first, not from the customers perspective. How many customers do you plan on cleaning per hour? How many hours are you working per week? What does it cost you to provide the service? Keep doing this, because one question leads to another and before you know it – pricing is less of a problem – then your thoughts go into your profit rather than just the overall customer price.

You’re going to make mistakes, but you will make a lot less.

Richard

one of my good customer ask me today whilst having a coffee what my hourly rate is i charge....

talk about been put on the spot........

we was chatting with her cleaner as the cleaner wasnt sure weather to charge by the hour of by the job........

so the customer turn to me and said neil whats hour hourly rate..........

bearing in mind i charge her £24 and her neighour £27 and i do both jobs in an hour and she knows this......ha ha

nice as the coffee was i couldnt wait to get out of there lol.

Back