Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

dan41864

How To Clean Window Above Garage?

dan41864

Hi guys what would be the best way to clean the window above the garage Trad off the ladder?

Thanks

Dan

1.jpg.d6a5c4b62b18b459dc1a82288184198c.jpg

Richard Barnes

WFP all the way

Smurf

Dan with those sort of jobs best use a wfp instead of struggling trying to trad them even with trad gear attached to a pole takes loads of practice to do a decent job.

dan41864

Thanks Guys or is it best to do them from inside? As only just starting out and cant afford wfp yet :Image13:

HotWash Window Cleaners

Just get a back pack with a cheap as chips pole. Only need a glass fibre one. Get on eBay loads of great bargains on there.

Tuffers
Hi guys what would be the best way to clean the window above the garage Trad off the ladder?

Thanks

Dan

Lay your ladders on the roof tiles if the gutter isn't above the tiles and get someone to foot your ladder or park your van wheel against the ladder. Either way it's a ball ache.

Smurf

Or ever just as bad could clamber over the tiles like I see so many do.

At the end of the day there is no point in risking life and limb just to earn a few bob on awkward windows like that.

adyspurs

Lay your ladders on the roof tiles if the gutter isn't above the tiles and get someone to foot your ladder or park your van wheel against the ladder. Either way it's a ball ache.

Please don't do this,seen the consequences,absolutely fatal.

Doo

I have one house like this I just put the ladder above the window but below the gutter

dan41864

Thanks Doo prop try do that!! But wont be trying to walking on the tiles!!! Not worth risking my life for a few bob :P

Doo

just depends on how high it is , I use step ladders to increase the height I can shove the ladder upto , if I feel it's two dodgy I use my harris pole, explain to the customer that it might not be the same quality finish as the rest of the windows, but with practice you can achieve a very good result just leave the mop shy of the top of the glass to leave a small dry area so you don't pull streaks down from the top .

Doo

Dan I'm just learning too only been full time since Jan, but I have been involved with fitting & repairing double glazing since 1987 so am well used to ladder work.

Tuffers
Please don't do this,seen the consequences,absolutely fatal.

The ladder snaps in half if you're a fatty?

Gmeister

I would lean the ladder to the left of the slopped roof just left of the left window on the roof.

I would of thought the roof is too slopped to walk on so would just miss that window.

Posh

Put ladder above window. Window on left as G said put ladder to the left of it & reach over. If you can do them from inside all the better. If all else fails use a pole.

Mart1001

I wish you guys would leave the wfp rubbish out of this section, I really do. Maybe I'm on my own but, I find it so annoying. :Image5:

Dan, I would use my applicator on my Harris pole to mop the window and then, I would use my zero degree squeegee, it's perfect for that sort of angle.

Here's a vid that shows the benefit a little.

WJCN64

If you want to trad just use a ladder-mate or use a ladder stop....

mrtaytay

Its difficult to tell from the photo if you could set your ladder safely, but if you cant then it shouldnt be too difficult with a pole.......lean your ladder against the garage and the windows are straight in front of you. I always have a large premium micro fibre glass cloth folded inside a flexi grip device. You can put this on your pole to detail once you have squeegeed.

dexter14

Doing it in your own is quite risky but getting some latter and if you feel safe you can clean it.In Finland country many people are really having difficulties for cleaning their window that why some of them use to choose to have a roller blinds,in fact my home also have it and i bought it at http://www.teko-kaihdin.fi/

GMcleaning

footing the ladder with your car is safe, you could do it with a 10st person footing it, let alone a 1tonne+ car.

rjacandwc

I clean one or two properties like this... I Modified my "Stand Off" (Along the edge which sits along the house/wall, I added two Ali blocks which gave me an extra couple of inches away from the property), This therefore gives my ladders a safe working angle. My ladder and some ladders have a small arrow on the side, which will tell you that your working at a safe angle. It is hard to tell from the picture. But, it seems possible with alittle thinking... Above a Conservatory window like the video above is a NO NO... But. if you tell you customer that you are willing to clean the windows every say 6 weeks and tell them that your happy to clean it from the inside every now and then, they are normally happy with that!... I have one or two customers like this and I end up cleaning all the inside windows once or twice a year - meaning more money!!!... Just have a think about what your doing and be safe!... but. do not let this one window put you off!... When I first started I let awkward windows put me off... But. with alittle thought and some advice, you will tackle the problem... I have one lady I clean at the moment and she has a back window that I have never cleaned... Some people care for your safety too!!!... As long as you and the customer are happy than this is all that matters....

dan41864

Thanks Rjacandwc Am lucky with this one as its the mother in laws! But there is a few around the area so beast to be prepared!