Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How To Clean Window Above Garage?

Dan with those sort of jobs best use a wfp instead of struggling trying to trad them even with trad gear attached to a pole takes loads of practice to do a decent job.

Hi guys what would be the best way to clean the window above the garage Trad off the ladder?Thanks

Dan
Lay your ladders on the roof tiles if the gutter isn't above the tiles and get someone to foot your ladder or park your van wheel against the ladder. Either way it's a ball ache.

Or ever just as bad could clamber over the tiles like I see so many do.

At the end of the day there is no point in risking life and limb just to earn a few bob on awkward windows like that.

Lay your ladders on the roof tiles if the gutter isn't above the tiles and get someone to foot your ladder or park your van wheel against the ladder. Either way it's a ball ache.
Please don't do this,seen the consequences,absolutely fatal.

Thanks Doo prop try do that!! But wont be trying to walking on the tiles!!! Not worth risking my life for a few bob /emoticons/tongue.png

just depends on how high it is , I use step ladders to increase the height I can shove the ladder upto , if I feel it's two dodgy I use my harris pole, explain to the customer that it might not be the same quality finish as the rest of the windows, but with practice you can achieve a very good result just leave the mop shy of the top of the glass to leave a small dry area so you don't pull streaks down from the top .

I would lean the ladder to the left of the slopped roof just left of the left window on the roof.

I would of thought the roof is too slopped to walk on so would just miss that window.

Put ladder above window. Window on left as G said put ladder to the left of it & reach over. If you can do them from inside all the better. If all else fails use a pole.

I wish you guys would leave the wfp rubbish out of this section, I really do. Maybe I'm on my own but, I find it so annoying. :Image5:

Dan, I would use my applicator on my Harris pole to mop the window and then, I would use my zero degree squeegee, it's perfect for that sort of angle.

Here's a vid that shows the benefit a little.

Latest Posts

Back