Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hourly Rate

I could be something else that effecting it, its not all about price.. Distance between houses, method of cleaning, speed you work, equipment you use etc etc

Window cleaning van is currently averaging £30/hour , my minimum price is £10 , some hours we can do £40 others only £20 but a long as it stays at £30 for the now i'll be happy next year I hope it hits £40/hour

Simple answer is to try and earn as much as you can.

My advice would be:

1. Pricing - look firstly at what your pricing structure is and how it can be improved.

2. Organise - look at your round to see how you can organise it better to save on travel time and other expenses incurred.

3. Working Methods - Not least look at how you work and fine tune your methods/tools you use so you can work more productively but at the same time doesn't impact on the quality of you work you do. Also more importantly doesn’t jeopardise your own safety by trying to take short cuts.

Hope this helps?

Just wondered what people earn on average an hour, I think my prices are very low:(

i average between 25-30 a hour, some days are high some are low, the prob with a lot of areas,. they have a ceiling on prices, there is a lot of cheap wc around where i am which is keeping the prices down, sure you get the ones who will pay a decent price, but these are few and far between down here, one of my custy was telling me the other week he ahd been knocked 3 nights in a row by different wc, all with different prices

a lot of the houses that they are building down here now have 3 windows and door at front and 2/3 windows and door at back, plus there are lots only doing 2/3 month clean and trying to get a higher prices they end up getting the prices wrong and not returning,

for me it ranges from £30 to just under £100 an hour depends what jobs im doing and how far they are apart.

Just wondered what people earn on average an hour, I think my prices are very low:(
You could get 50 different answer form 50 different people. Your post sound like you have already identified the problem, :Image9: concentrate on your own business rather than looking to others. Invest time & money into learning how to price, its important.

Work out your living expenses & business cost then add a disposable income of your choice. The aim is to do it in within reasonable working hours, no point in driving all over the country doing a 80 hours plus a week to earn what a good window cleaner can do locally and within reasonable working hours.

Richard

average is probably between 15-30 an hour, 20 is probably the most realistic when you factor in travel times, etc. people saying they average 40-100 an hour are talking bull, or ripping people off so dont listen to them. if you can make it work on £20-£30 an hour your doing well

To be honest others average hourly rate is immaterial as you should be focusing on building your own profitable business and not worry what others may earn.

My rate varies depending on where i'm working, some days i can earn 30 odd an hour and others it may be just over 10 squiddly an hour. Like people say it will vary depending on where you are and how established you are. Just always do the best job you can and that will hopefully bring more work in thru recommendations. As long as you have enough money at the end of the week to cover your bills and you've got some spends left over then i'm more than happy. As my business expands and i build up my customer base then i'm sure my rate will increase.

£100 a hour..pmsl. after all its only £700 a day working 7 hours. 5 days a week = £3500.

£182.000 a year.

In your dreams me thinking!

average is probably between 15-30 an hour, 20 is probably the most realistic when you factor in travel times, etc. people saying they average 40-100 an hour are talking bull, or ripping people off so dont listen to them. if you can make it work on £20-£30 an hour your doing well
£100 a hour..pmsl. after all its only £700 a day working 7 hours. 5 days a week = £3500.

£182.000 a year.

In your dreams me thinking!
if you are aiming at me, its a commercial job that i get paid just under £400 and takes no more than 4 hours! and thats only every 3 months not all the time!

Can easily earn £50 an hour.....................

But that's on one commercial, takes me only an hour to do, and the job is twice a year!

plus i was the cheapest quote on that job too!

priced up 3 separate block of flats at different location at the same price structure and got them too,

then asked to price up 2 more sites in derby, around 230 flats in total,

so must be doing something right!

all the same company

Was not aiming it at anyone. I didn't take any notice who wrote it. Just read and giggled to myself. :Image9: :Image9:

Latest Posts

Back