Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

garry

Reverse Osmosis Flush

garry

is flushing your system really necessary n if i dont do it what happens n if water tds still reading ok surely water is still ok? i do once a week for 45 mins is that ok or are 3 times a week for shorter periods better? does it really matter if i only do it say once per month for a few hour as travellin to my other setup at another house is a pain

David Taylor

How long is a piece of string?

Depends on how often you run it.

It will extend the life of the membrane.

I unhook from di vessel and run on produce to cut tds creep every time i use it so the resin lasts longer, then flush it once per week properly.

doug atkinson

is flushing your system really necessary n if i dont do it what happens n if water tds still reading ok surely water is still ok? i do once a week for 45 mins is that ok or are 3 times a week for shorter periods better? does it really matter if i only do it say once per month for a few hour as travellin to my other setup at another house is a pain

If you live in a hard water area then it is critical to flush your membrane to prevent fouling and scaling of the membrane. Any membrane that has been left idle for a day needs to be flushed for a couple of minutes before running through your di resin.

rcproperty

our RO flushes itself for about 5 minutes using the booster pump each time you turn in on,