Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

davidrof

Thieving Scumbags

davidrof

Just set up my business, going really well....then some scumbag comes along and steals my pure freedom water trolley, ew3200 high pressure washer, tools and satnav, devasted to say the least. I am in the West Yorkshire area, so if you hear of any scrotum trying to sell them on let the police know. Both brand new, pressure washer only used twice....Lock you stuff up!!!!

Smurf

I'm absolutely gutted for you David to hear that news....

May I ask where was the kit at the time and was it insured?

Dodger

Totally gutted for ya mate, they need their hands chopping off.

(still had to edit the post thought sorry).

HotWash Window Cleaners

Get onto your insurance company and get replacement.

Smurf

Depends if the loss was insured for business tools or not Hotwash.

My understanding is If stolen from a van not locked up but tools were insured then most insurance companies will not pay out.

If stolen from a shed or garage most domestic policies do not cover tools for bussines on a standard home contents insurance policy.

Get onto your insurance company and get replacement.

Tuffers

Keep your eye on eBay David, they may try and sell the gear on there. Specially if the seller is from Yorkshire!

Mate of mine had his motorbike nicked. He was on the lookout for another exactly the same. Saw one on eBay, went to look at it and it was his!

mark m

Gutted for you David that is the lowest of low stealing a man work tools

HotWash Window Cleaners

All my equipment is insured and itemised on the policy, if van is unlocked you get nothing. I can work locked up.

davidrof

Insurance has an excess off £500, about a grand lost and the inconvenience, thanks for the support lads...gear was chained up in the van, and for the police, not even coming round..got an incident number from some fella in a call centre..JOKE...just hope the insurance pay out, but still down bigtime!!!!

kevinc250

where abouts in w yorks matey,could help you out with a trolley till you get sorted

JDMW

well gutted for ya mate, i suffer with bad paranoya and i am scared of waking up and having my bk doors open. i got a sterling lock on the back of my doors but thats just to slow them down really. check gumtree aswell mate, its a known place crooks and get rid of stolen stuff.

kevinc250

ant,you and your back doors being broken into lmao

Posh

They want locking up. Know how yer feel mate. I know it's not as much as you but about a year back had a pole nicked off the top of my van. I'd cut there fingers off.

JDMW

ive got an alarm that i havent fitted yet, its spose to attach to the interior lights but my lights are cream crackered.

rs2315

Just set up my business, going really well....then some scumbag comes along and steals my pure freedom water trolley, ew3200 high pressure washer, tools and satnav, devasted to say the least. I am in the West Yorkshire area, so if you hear of any scrotum trying to sell them on let the police know. Both brand new, pressure washer only used twice....Lock you stuff up!!!!

Feel for you, I had my car stolen, ladders were chained to roofrack, all my Trad gear was in back of car.

Never saw any of it again.

At the time I had no garage, so on street parking was my downfall.

I don't leave any gear in van overnight.

Hoses, ladders go in garage, which is alarmed.

Pole goes in house.

Hope things pick up for you over the coming weeks.

rs2315.

messsy

A simple trigger alarm would run fine from a small hidden battery. Just a thin wire wrapped round the gear. If circuit breaks then alarm goes mental. Could hide a siren in the engine bay.

In fact im going to do it myself, wouldnt like to imagine how u feel, sorry dude :(

JDMW

i bought mine from maplins, was a cheapo 29.99 alarm but works on the interior lights, my lights dont work when u open the doors so pointless. i think it works on vibration aswell, i was going to put it in the van hidden behind my water tank. they couldnt get to it and it would make the scumbags deaf then.

Smurf

Thought this was a cheap good idea if you have to work out of site off your van with the back doors open.

What do you think?

davidrof

Not far from halifax mate, don't really want fork out for a brand new one...what have you got in mind?

kevinc250

borrow mine until you can get back on your feet-have the odd pole if you need one too,or i have a spare backpack choice is yours,if you've no tools then you can't work/don't earn,i'm just offering help to get you earning again and back on your feet-all based on trust

i'm over in wetherby so not far up the dreaded m62 from you,

messsy

Wow nice to see theres some decent people left. Fair play fella

deano13

I feel gutted for you mate I never lock my van in the night but going to start from now on.

deano13
borrow mine until you can get back on your feet-have the odd pole if you need one too,or i have a spare backpack choice is yours,if you've no tools then you can't work/don't earn,i'm just offering help to get you earning again and back on your feet-all based on trust

i'm over in wetherby so not far up the dreaded m62 from you,

fair play to you kev mate

chilt69

Scumbags - not just the value of the tools taken, but the loss of income on top.

Knocked through the back of my garage & put down some hardstanding, so my van goes on there & car goes in the garage. Means they have to get the car out & move the van before they can even get to the back doors.

Smurf

God the link issue on this forum is now really getting on my tits :Image11:

Joe so we can see the link in full to copy & paste into our browser please can you repost it but before saving just take out http://

Many thanks

this is what ya wont and film there reaction as well when it goes off bet they won't come back http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2964

charlie

post the link on sum other forum that arnt woried of ?????????????????// links

joe90i

see if this works

www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2964