Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Marks On Glass

SPCleaning

I have been using wfp for a while now without any major problem, but the last few days dirty water marks are running down across the glass after I have walked away.

My water tds at brush is 001

Firstly I blamed the new cill brush and new pole. I thought that because it was different weights and shape, my usual method of working was now not working for me.

After three days of this I have returned to my old pole and brush. Same method as before, good wash and rinse.

But these marks still appear.

I'm a bit confused and frustrated as I pride myself on doing a good job.

The windows seem to be sheeting into triangluar shapes and on drying you can make out these triangular marks.

Any one had similar?

I have been using wfp for a while now without any major problem, but the last few days dirty water marks are running down across the glass after I have walked away.

My water tds at brush is 001

Firstly I blamed the new cill brush and new pole. I thought that because it was different weights and shape, my usual method of working was now not working for me.

After three days of this I have returned to my old pole and brush. Same method as before, good wash and rinse.

But these marks still appear.

I'm a bit confused and frustrated as I pride myself on doing a good job.

The windows seem to be sheeting into triangluar shapes and on drying you can make out these triangular marks.

Any one had similar?
Strange! has the customer used anything on the windows and not told you? it has been known!

So can you clarify it's every house windows you clean or just one property that you have noticed it on?

Its been most of the houses but not all. Mostly older painted wooden windows.

I have had a chat with Alex Gardiner today and we talked it through.

Due to a number of reasons I am behind with my work, meaning there is more dirt than usual. Also there has been alot of high wind and stormy weather, Alex suggested there could be a higher than normal salt content, as I'm not too far from the coast.

The marks do look very salt like.

I have spent the rest of the day treating every job as a first clean , using plenty of water and rinsing well. This seems to have worked.

I feel much happier now.

Thank you Alex Gardiner for your time spent talking to me today.

This happens when u dont rinse properly.... its happened to me a few times aswell... but i found that u gotta rinse well

Back