Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning Franchise

Mikey1985

Hi. I'm 28 years old and looking at buying into a window cleaning franchise. Been in the game for 12 years so I know what I'm doing with regards to the job but was wondering if anyone has any information about franchises as I am researching at the moment. I've got the money for the initial outlay but obviously I know that nothing is risk free like they try telling you. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Michael

hi mate, to be honest i would steer well clear of franchising, if youve got the money like you say then i personally i would go and buy a good reliable van get it kitted out with a decent system if your going down the wfp route, get the van sign writ etc then go out knocking doors dropping leaflets as much as i can and the work will soon come, if your worried that you cant get the work then theres people on here whizzbizz and pdale that canvass for you and there plenty of window cleaners on here that are more thank happy to help if you ever get stuck or theres something your unsure about, but id 100% stay away from franchising i dont see the sense in paying a substantial amount upfront, and then giving someone else a percentage of what your earning for nothing, on the other hand if your in the midlands and looking for a franchise then i heard midlands cleaners is a good choice ha ha

You've been in the game 12 years? Is that employed or your own business?

A franchise I wouldn't expect to be cheap. If you have the cash, I think your money would be better spent on your own van, system, and work.. Wether it be buying a round or hiring a canvasser..

Thanks for the replies. I have worked for other people the whole 12 years and decided its time to start lining my pockets instead of the bosses. I suppose I just don't really want the hassle of having to go out canvassing all the time and starting from scratch. Obviously I know that canvassing is the way to get work but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. I'm just unsure what route to go down at the moment.

Thanks for the replies. I have worked for other people the whole 12 years and decided its time to start lining my pockets instead of the bosses. I suppose I just don't really want the hassle of having to go out canvassing all the time and starting from scratch. Obviously I know that canvassing is the way to get work but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. I'm just unsure what route to go down at the moment.
Maybe it is time to think about getting a canverser like whizz bizz and let him do the work if you have not got the time

I was in exactly the same position as you 5 years having made 100s of thousands for other people over 10 years and thought about going down this route.I'd stay well clear and take note of above posts.

First year is hard but knuckle down and you will get there.

Why a window cleaning franchise? they are not going to give you loads of work you know....

Build your own round if u dont wanna canvass then drop business cards or leaflets /emoticons/smile.png

This is why I'm asking advice off everyone because I'm unsure what you get from a franchise. Alot of them say they guarantee you earn what you want but obviously I'm skeptical.

I was in exactly the same position as you 5 years having made 100s of thousands for other people over 10 years and thought about going down this route.I'd stay well clear and take note of above posts.

First year is hard but knuckle down and you will get there.

Thanks for the advice mate. Much appreciated
No worries good luck ,no what it's like to line the pockets of other people.first year is hard but never give up.if you been cleaning windows for years when you start up you've got the advantage of some nobody who has decided to get a reach and wash and Clean windows.pkenty of them on this forum,im sure your do well.

Why a window cleaning franchise? they are not going to give you loads of work you know....

Thats true smurf they dont give you any work they just sell you a proven business model that works and you have to go and get your own work.

I wouldn't write off a franchise altogether as it depends entirely on what you're getting for you'd money. I don't think window cleaning lends itself very well to franchising and the only people that will make money from it are the people rubbing the franchise!

I saw 3 businesses fail last year and all 3 of them were franchises. On the other hand, my friend has a ChipsAway franchise and its worked really well for him but that's a completely different industry and he had to lay down a small fortune!

Im on a job at the moment for a guy who sells franchises to window cleaners, he seems like a real nice guy. I dont know all the details etc but if you want his number private message me.

Incredibly weary about the Franchise route - I dont know what it is, there's just something that dosent seem quite right. Tied into stuff, which is not inexpensive, certain rules, regulations - like a chappy said above, not sure if window cleaning is the right sort of model to franchise - seeing as its a business that if you had money to throw at - you could build yourself with a few helping hands, don't know always get a bad feeling about it, unless a massive brand like sub or mac, or co-op. I think Ive heard of one guy only possibly making a success within this industry sector

mikey mate

give me 20k and i will give u

van

equitment

training (not that u need it )

a fact sheet how to run a window ceaning round

a name

leflets

access to my website

in return i will be at the end of the phone when u need me.

also i want 15% of your takings a month....

sounds good yes ?????!

NOT REALLY DOES IT.

go it along. 5k will get u nice van and system.

Hi. I'm 28 years old and looking at buying into a window cleaning franchise. Been in the game for 12 years so I know what I'm doing with regards to the job but was wondering if anyone has any information about franchises as I am researching at the moment. I've got the money for the initial outlay but obviously I know that nothing is risk free like they try telling you. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Michael
Read the small print carefully regarding payment for the franchise; work out the true cost over time.

Over a five year period i.e. if you have to pay 20% of your turnover each year for the franchise that’s equal to 1 full year’s takings. You would still have to pay equipment & operating cost and tax for that year.

Another way to look at it is if you turnover £50,000 and had to pay 20% of that (£10,000) for operating the franchise – if for example your net profit is £25,000 then the £10,000 is equivalent to 40%.

Saying all that, it might be a good thing for you, ‘You just need to weigh things up yourself’ but if you can do that you probably don’t need a franchise!

Richard

Back