Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Limescale Removal From A Plastic Bath?

vespawho

Hi all

Just re tiling a bathroom for a customer and they asked if i knew how to get the limescale off the bath.

Basically the shower head has been dripping, the drips have splashed up the sides of the bath and then run down to the plug. So on that part of the bath it looks kinda dirty but its a thin layer of limescale.

They said they have used one of the sprays you get from the supermarkets with no joy.

Is there anything you can recommend?

As its a plastic bath dont want to use anything abrasive.

Help!

oxalic acid, mix up the powder with warm water to the amount you want and apply leave for aslong as required and wipe off with a cloth.

type it into search on ebay.

Yeah there is some stuff you can get in BnQ in the cleaning isle, RC will know, forgot what the stuff is called.

Acid is a bit strong for a bit of limescale even if it is diluted , use limelight /emoticons/wink.png

Bicarb and some lemon juice or vinegar, bit of elbow grease maybe. Does no one watch Kim and Aggie , just me then lol

I hope you're not knocking my heroines there Damo :Image15:

Seriously though has anyone ever tried the old clean a dirty old coin or jewelry with brown sauce trick? Don't use acid or strong chems when something natural and probably in your kitchen cupboard will do the job just as well.

Cillit Bang Limescale remover is pretty good but it may take a couple of goes if its too bad. Spray it on and leave it to work. It will come off

Back