Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Big Boy Back Pack

Neil

My big boy came on Tuesday used it yesterday for a job where I had no access to the backs so I pulled out the back pack and went to put it on but the straps are not very good to put over your shoulder when the back pack is full of water and I nearly dropped it! You have to hook the straps onto each side of the back pack. One thing I would advise if anyone gets one is to make something up where the straps won't just fall off , I don't know if anyone else has had this problem , but other than that its a great bit of kit , you have to be a real man to hold one of these bad boys on your back because its not light when full of water . Would defo recommend for jobs where you have to drag the hose through a house or any other awkward jobs.

My big boy came on Tuesday used it yesterday for a job where I had no access to the backs so I pulled out the back pack and went to put it on but the straps are not very good to put over your shoulder when the back pack is full of water and I nearly dropped it! You have to hook the straps onto each side of the back pack. One thing I would advise if anyone gets one is to make something up where the straps won't just fall off , I don't know if anyone else has had this problem , but other than that its a great bit of kit , you have to be a real man to hold one of these bad boys on your back because its not light when full of water . Would defo recommend for jobs where you have to drag the hose through a house or any other awkward jobs.
A mate of mine has decided yo start up window cleaning so took him today to buy one so when we got back to his I thought I have ago to see what they like as I use a trolly and I must say who ever carrys one of them on they back all day fair play to them

So true mate , I filled it up half way and it was heavy but if your using it like I am for them jobs I said above then it's fine but all day long with that on your back is like carrying a hippo on your shoulders all day lol

A mate of mine got one for when he had to climb over the back gate... That didn't last long. Almost killed himself with all that weight.

Proper heavy but I use it for jobs as I said above, I don't jump any gates don't look very professional even if the customer says you can jump

no 1 carrys it on their back... surely not 25litres ... it would be proper uncomfortable lol

people just tend to carry it or put it on a sack boro thing

You know when your drunk and you try and walk forward and then fall backwards that's what happened to me when i put the back pack on lol

lmaoooo

and neil i never climb gates mate /emoticons/smile.png

a customer said to me u can climb over i said i dont climb gates.... i dont mind climbing gates.... but why should i climb a gate id rather text the customer

lmaoooo
and neil i never climb gates mate /emoticons/smile.png

a customer said to me u can climb over i said i dont climb gates.... i dont mind climbing gates.... but why should i climb a gate id rather text the customer
I txt too and the gates are always open when I turn up /emoticons/smile.png

same here /emoticons/smile.png customers always leave their gate open for me /emoticons/smile.png but the other week i had 2 customers who never left it open these 2 always leave their gate open for me

i charge 8 pound for both of them it takes me 20 mins to do

so i just done the front on both and charged 5 quid each

it toke me like 5 mins to clean the fronts only /emoticons/smile.png so i wasnt really bothered about the back cos i knew i earned a good 5 pound for 5 mins work... but whenever this happens i text the customers and let them know... one girl said to me oh i forgot about it i slept in can u please arrange to do it again ? i said no but she understood another lad said oh i forgot it was cos of the binmen or sumit lol but i know who the good customers and bad customers are

i had 1 customer i couldnt clean cos when ever they wer out they wud leave the dog in the garden.... so i just dropped them... but i should of just done the fronts only ! the **** thing was that i had to phone them the night before and instead of asking them to leave the gate open we arranged what time i should come and it was very awkward for me having to be their on so n so time lol so i just dropped them a it wasnt the way forward /emoticons/tongue.png this was my first week when starting out aswell haha

Back