Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Running Out Of Water Quickly

harunh

I have a 350litre tank of water and i go through it all nearly everyday now... my flow rates always on 40... ive noticed am doing 20+ houses per day and im starting to carry an extra 3/4 containers with me now just so i dont run out which takes me over my 600 payload /emoticons/sad.png

Also i thought that i could turn the water flow down from 40 to 20 everytime and just use 40 for first cleans but i think using 20 would slow me right down...

wat wud u all do ? get a bigger van ? flow down ? hmm

I've got my flow on 26 at the mo, perfect flow for me, and if anything it speeds me up! If I have my flow to high it's too much pressure and goes everywhere! At 26 it just runs down the window nicely! But I still use loads of water cos I rinse a bit too much I think!

i rinse a lot aswell... but this is also the reason why i never get complaints for spotting /emoticons/wink.png

Im impressed your doing 20 houses with 350 litres!!

Personally id get bigger tank & van.

They might be 'too big' for you at first but you'll grow onto them

Thing you could try H to conserve water whilst doing wfp work is

1. Use fan jets instead of pencil jets on your brushes

2. Turn the flow rate down to 25-35

3. Use an aqua-dapter so can turn water off easily when not needed e.g. moving between windows, raising and lowering the pole etc can save you quite a bit of water too.

4. Stop any leaking connections on your hose reel etc.

After saying that it will come to a point that you will need a bigger payload van & tank the way you are going. Alternatively you could try using a trailer with a tank setup in it aswell as long as it stays within the towing capacity of the van.

Running off a hose uses more water.

"Nobody sees your perfection"

You feel u have unlimited water and rinse everything and flush everything.

Running off a trolley teaches you to clean to a certain standard.

I really get that quote... Nobody sees your perfection...

BUT, since using a tank and hose on some jobs it sped me up by over an hour! Not having to walk back and forth to the van etc.. (I do massive houses mainly though)

Flow 20 for hot wash, got 400l tank last 30 to 40 houses. But hot water cleans quicker and easier for me so use much less water.

As Smurf said fan jets use less water, but you have flow rate higher.

30 to 40 houses, is that a day?? @ £ 10 each that's £300 - £400 per day? MORE if you have a few at more than a tenner.

30 houses at 400L = 13l a house ?

Maths don't seem right?

No way in hell can you do 40 houses properly with a 400 ltr tank even using hot. Unless you are talking about fronts only 4-5 windows per house :Image3:

with hotwash on that one, if small houses can get a lot done on it,

i only have 350lt water and get a full day out of it,

when i first did my flats with one van we used just under 500lts on 78 flats! all done right and no spotting either!

No way in hell can you do 40 houses properly with a 400 ltr tank even using hot. Unless you are talking about fronts only 4-5 windows per house :Image3:
Don't even go there mate I agree with you.

i always use 350 litres and i always use my 2 x25litre cans i caryry extra so in total i got = 400 litres

so now when im filling up the day before i say to my self 350 will be enough which i think it will but i always use more then what i expect to use /emoticons/mellow.png

one day i had 30 jobs all in 1 day.... i had a 350litres of water and i had... 5 x 25litre barrels so in total i had = 475 litres

and that still wasnt enough at the end.... i had to go to extreme measures......

In my tank the water comes out of the tap and the tap is on the passenger side.... so i had to park on a massive kerb on the drivers side

so the van is half balanced... so now all the water is pushing to the passenger side and now i am making use of the last bits of remaining water that cant be used when the vehicle is on a normal straight path

lol thats what i done in 1 day with 475 litres so i think i really do needa bigger van

Latest Posts

Back