Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Picking N Choosing Your Work

harunh

I work on a big estate and their all nice houses but on 1 side its all council houses and i decided that from now on i wont step a foot on council estates, 1 person wanted a price i went around quoted them a fiver and in the garden it was all messy and dog mess all over so i texted her today saying:

Its the window cleaner here,

We have ceased trading in your area due to financial reasons.

Sorry for any inconveniance caused

From now on im gonna only take on good houses in good areas /emoticons/smile.png

some of my best payers are on a council housing estate ,the ones with a bit of money like to keep it there pockets a little longer

if you don`t want the job, over quote and if they say yes its a bonus.

if people are willing to pay for cleaning why not clean. if they cant be arsed to tidy the back yard it means they`ll never be arsed to clean their own windows so keeps you in a job.

money is good which ever area it pays from.

the reason you don`t want it is because your not charging enough. IMO

I work on a big estate and their all nice houses but on 1 side its all council houses and i decided that from now on i wont step a foot on council estates, 1 person wanted a price i went around quoted them a fiver and in the garden it was all messy and dog mess all over so i texted her today saying:Its the window cleaner here,

We have ceased trading in your area due to financial reasons.

Sorry for any inconveniance caused

From now on im gonna only take on good houses in good areas /emoticons/smile.png
WAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAA !!!

I♥ council estates the money I can earn on those is brilliant .

Example I start at 10 finish at 3 have half hr for dinner £130 I effin love em and they dont mind paying either .

if you don`t want the job, over quote and if they say yes its a bonus.
if people are willing to pay for cleaning why not clean. if they cant be arsed to tidy the back yard it means they`ll never be arsed to clean their own windows so keeps you in a job.

money is good which ever area it pays from.

the reason you don`t want it is because your not charging enough. IMO
Bang on !!!

Council estates used to be really good, easy windows, easy access and some really nice customers. However, the old residents are a dying breed (sadly) and when they go the new tenants are rough in the extreme. Every sort of stereotype imaginable. Chavs, 4x4s, travellers, doleys, druggies, dodgy assylum seekers and people whose lives are just a mess. Plus sub-letting is rife round here.

Six years ago I started cleaning 36 old people's council flats. Today I have about 14 left.

Not being big headed but I think we have about 5 council houses.

Just the way the round has evolved.

Back