Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I've Made A Start

Tuffers

Going to rig my van up this weekend, fingers crossed.

Here's some pics

IMAG0240_zps29934e20.jpg

IMAG0241_zps4982881c.jpg

IMAG0242_zps6928f06b.jpg

Now, is my battery ok where it is? It is tight up to the tank and side of the van. Is it safe there as I'm thinking any impact and the battery will be squashed. Shall I put it in front of the tank, this will use more space though and it will be further away from the van battery as I've got a controller with charging facility. I'm going to struggle with the electrics! I will ring the tank with timber battens to help with any tank sliding.

Any tips appreciated.

I would put the battery in a battery box myself so kept away from water and other thing that could short it out. Also if it was me I would ask a metal fabricator to knock up a purpose built frame. At least that way you could mount battery box, controllers, di tanks, reels etc onto it and secure the tank through the floor.

Might cost more to do but at the end of the day will be safer also look better than using wood & straps I would have thought.

All fitted, been a busy weekend . One or two things left to do like tidy wires etc. Got a leak coming from a couple of joints on the tap off the tank. The threads have been wound in ptfe, and you can't tighten them like a nut and bolt. Pics below. Any suggestions how to cure the leaks?

IMAG0248_zps2473f55f.jpg

IMAG0249_zps40bf1c72.jpg

IMAG0247_zps9015a197.jpg

IMAG0246_zps2a80cea5.jpg

Should be able to use like mole grips and adjustable's

Looks good mate. Loving the way the brushes are held in place.

Urmmmmm are you more trad then WFP?

As I don't see a lot waterproofing.

You should have applied something to help resist the water. The wood won't last long and you will find you have to take it all out to replace. Might be worth doing it before you get working.

I'm more wfp than trad. There are something like 4 joints on the tap. I had to go to b&q for a copper elbow as I tightened one join up that much (there was no stopping point, as it just kept tightening with no resistance) and it split. The same with all the other joints, they just turn and turn and never get really tight apart from the blue plastic one which I've tightened well, but still leaks when the tap is turned on. Any ideas for a different tap guys?

Will protectacote it in the summer.

My advice would be to buy the plastic elbow with barb on it. This screws into tank and then you connect normal hose pipe. Then buy a hozelock type tap. That's what I have done. No leaks.

I have done a simple guide on here for painting a van floor as well. It's on here somewhere:)

Back