Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Teleplus Extension Pole, I Was Told A To Do/ Different Size,what To Do?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

I used the Window Cleaning Centre in Ipswich? Any good?

I told them I couldn't have any lengths of the extension pole over 1.3 metres except for the first part to fit in my boot, but they said I could take the first part apart (although not recommended) and it would be under 1.3 metres.

Anyway, I got the Teleplus Base 3 X 1.3 metres and the EXT A1 - 1.25 and Teleplus EXT A2 -1.25 *(info from receipt).

They told me the middle bits were 1.2 metres in length, but they are much longer and now they don't fit in my boot - they are all different lengths and one piece is 1.41 metres. Can I send it back?

Can you get an extension pole which breaks down to less than 1.3 metres MAX per piece? Are there ones on the market like this, but which have a total length of 6 metres?

If I don't send it back, it's possible to put only the smaller pieces in the boot and the longer piece on the floor of back seat, but people might step on it and that would break it, right? Should I do this and put it in a metal case or something?

phone them up and speak to them about it,

I got one of those poles they are nice a heavy to work with, you know when you use it! now it sits in the shed unused!

Why not take the locking collars off and cut the poles down to the size required, then replace the collars.

You'll then have a custom made pole :Image9: .

phone them up and speak to them about it,

I got one of those poles they are nice a heavy to work with, you know when you use it! now it sits in the shed unused!
Yeah it looks strong, but does feel heavy! Was it too heavy? You think it's too heavy to use? You can use less length though for shorter distances which would make it lighter.I am not sure whether to keep it. Is there a another one on the market which is shorter in length or better?

It will fit on the floor on my back. seat in my car, I can put them in plastic pipes incase people tread on it. Would have preferred if it went into my boot though

View attachment 1552

View attachment 1553

View attachment 1554

Yeah it looks strong, but does feel heavy! Was it too heavy? You think it's too heavy to use? You can use less length though for shorter distances which would make it lighter.

I am not sure whether to keep it. Is there a another one on the market which is shorter in length or better?

It will fit on the floor on my back. seat in my car, I can put them in plastic pipes incase people tread on it. Would have preferred if it went into my boot though
i used to use it on 4 storey building for a day, heavy to start with but you do get used to it, for the price its not to bad really, get the job done if you only have a few to do at that hight

Don't think you'll find one in shorter lengths which will give you a total of 6m.

The make 'Lewi' do the 'Bruiser Pole' in 4 sections which totals to 6m.

The make 'Moerman' do a 4 section pole but only totals to 5m.

How about a roof rack and some down-pipe to keep the pole in....would give you more choice of pole....just an idea.

It breaks down into 5 parts and totals 6 metres. The parts get thicker as you go down the pole- so the pole you hold is the thickest. I practiced it on a velux window and it started to, bow a bit, could be hard to control when using the squeegee, not sure. Well it does fit on the floor on my car's backseat, put in two plastic pipes (in photos). Which means it's out of sight and protected if someone treads on it. Worth keeping? (cost about £100 think).

The plastic bits at end of poles need protecting? when take poles apart to fit on back seat amd this exposes the pastic bits at end. (in photos)

teleplus is a pole to hate. nobody smiles when they are using it because the clamps do you in after a while

teleplus is a pole to hate. nobody smiles when they are using it because the clamps do you in after a while
What you mean the clamps do you in? And what's a better alternative extension pole?

doing up or loosening the clamps is a real chore on the Teleplus, the design is poor as they Cannot be undone /and done up quickly. i use a Harris pole ,they have a good clamp design . however the Harris is only good for first floor work

however the Harris is only good for first floor work
....unless you lock a teleplus base onto the end of the Harris....like I do :Image9:
PF1.jpg

thats a cool idea ! i must remember to give that a try. i do quite a lot of trad pole work,with a Wagtail on the tip. the other week my van was off the road a week and my gang did the round that week using poles instead of ladders . this went better than i thought it would. we did a 27 bed nursing home on 3 floors using the Teleplus for all the high stuff and boy was it hard on the shoulders .

Back