Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

rick trinder

New Pole...

rick trinder

i need to buy my first ever pole on monday, what do you all recomend? and what size shall i get?

rick trinder

that is the one i am leaning to!!! but 30 ft!!! but everyone says gardeners! so i'm not sure!

Guest OoO

Well I would 100% say Gardiner. But will just get told I'm being a sheep.

22ft is a nice pole. Then you can buy a couple of extensions to make it 30 odd foot if needed

rcproperty

everyone will say that because thats nearly all they use and never have used the phoenix, or maybe never used another pole

gardiners have the name, its like a designer lable thing with some window cleaners,

ive used both brands, not the brand new gardiner ones, and so far the phoenix for me has won.

chip

Main difference seems to be the clamps, people say the gardiners are rubbish, and can trap your fingers, don't have a problem with them myself and think you'd have to be doing something daft or have fingers like bananas to trap them, and the new range have improved clamps. Biggest gardiner advantage at present is you can add sections and go a lot higher, at least I think that's still the case!

rcproperty

Main difference seems to be the clamps, people say the gardiners are rubbish, and can trap your fingers, don't have a problem with them myself and think you'd have to be doing something daft or have fingers like bananas to trap them, and the new range have improved clamps. Biggest gardiner advantage at present is you can add sections and go a lot higher, at least I think that's still the case!

the phoenix extentions will be ready for sale with in a month after talking to mike about them

chip

There you go rick, if you go Phoenix just put your 50 foot stuff back a month! (can't find the smilies and the codes don't work!)

Belfastcleaning

If you have the money go for carbon fibre.. So much easier and quicker to clean, lighter and rigid. A composite or fibre glass are hard work.. I use an slx22 but need a clx27 for a few windows and I absolutely hate the clx now I've been carbon.. But my next pole is going to be a facelift carbon pole

Window Cleaner

iv used a few makes of poles and for me gardiners are the best by a long shot clamps do spin after a while but there just about to release new ones , never used a pheonix so can comment on them they do look nice though

HotWash Window Cleaners

Welcome fellow Plymouthian. Saj old van. Lol. Get whatever you can afford.

HotWash Window Cleaners

Also depending where in Plymouth you working as central you going to need 40 to 45 ft pole. If the suburbs minimum 22ft pole. I have a 35ft carbon composite pole going cheap to someone local.

rick trinder

addict hi. i am happy to look for work anywhere at the mo!!! recycling the van!!!! it had all i needed in it. apart from poles and pipes. tell me more about your pole!!!!

kevinc250

i guess if you don't buy the pole off hotwash,then i would go for the phoenix hands down,i have gardiners slx and clx so i have compared all three whilst using them-the phoenix wins by a mile-my newest phoenix 22 should/will pay for itself within one month just by the sheer speed of it,this means i can fit extra jobs in the day-one tip though go with a gardiner brush

rick trinder

thanks for all your help and advice guys. i am going for the phoenix 30 ft!!!

rcproperty

thanks for all your help and advice guys. i am going for the phoenix 30 ft!!!

nice one! you wont regret it!

rick trinder

ordered the 29 ft one. and a clx 18 with a free clx4!!! going to keep the pheonix for best i think lol....

HotWash Window Cleaners
ordered the 29 ft one. and a clx 18 with a free clx4!!! going to keep the pheonix for best i think lol....

Or for the parts that the clx 18 can't reach which in our Local area will be everything except ground floor.

rick trinder

addict do you not think the clx will be long enough???

mark m

18ft pole is what I use as my everyday pole and I only use a larger pole 3-4 times a week

HotWash Window Cleaners

Well I can't reach my front bedroom windows with the clx 18,have to use the clx 22. You have to think about cars parked in the way and having to go over them. For example I did a deep clean down inverdene road by the park there. Needed 35ft just to reach the front guttering. Clx 22 only just reached the top windows. Just get an add on from gardiner to make it longer, an extra section will make it a 22.

Oh and around the back of mine I need 30ft to reach back bedroom windows. Just use the phoenix pole. Places like Plymstock, Plympton, Ivybridge, estover, leigham, Devonport would probably be ok with the 18 as that's the places the other half works with me and the clx 18 is all she uses, she doesn't do guttering work though.

rick trinder

cool. i can't wait to get going!!!!

HotWash Window Cleaners

Lots of work out there, we got sherford being built this year with 5000 houses lots of new builds up Devonport too and out swilly.

rick trinder

that is what i thought, i'm sure i will bump into a numpty or two who try to tell me to move off there patch!! woe betide them if they do!!!! ithink you just need to do a good job, then you should be ok.

HotWash Window Cleaners

There are plenty of those out here in Plymouth. Don't get put off by them as there's no such thing as a patch, unless your doing allotments! People will be quite friendly and then say that one is mine and that one and that one. Just don't deliberately undercut a windy to get the business that's not the done thing, but if you don't know how much they charged and you get the job, I see that as fair. Purely and simply if they were doing a good job the customer wouldn't be looking elsewhere. Customer service is important too.

Just get your flyers out and get cleaning all your friends and family houses and practice, practice, practice. The more you clean the better you will get. Just rinse really well, it's not a race get it perfect and the customer will be delighted and all the neighbours see you doing a thorough job will be interested in your service.

Good luck and hopefully see you out there soon.

rick trinder

cheeres bud i'm sure we will see each other soon. thanks for all your advice.