Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Few Quick Questions (Ecover, Cloths, Ladders)

TommyQ

Evening Fellas, just a couple of little questions for the experienced heads on here! /emoticons/smile.png

I was using squeegee off but since reading on here have now changed to ecover, was just wondering how much you put in the bucket for say 6-7 litres? I was using 1 teaspoon of squeegee off for that amount of water would I be right in assuming its about the same amount needed?

Also was just wondering how often you clean your scrims/microfibre cloths that you use for detailing. At the moment I average 1 microfibre or scrim per house and then wash all the ones ive used even when there not actually dirty each night. Is that correct? As i got the impression that many leave it much longer and reuse the cloths so they last longer?

Also the ladders I use have the kind of stabiliser bar along the bottom. Do you find these to actually be safer or am I better off with the normal style?

Sorry guys probably obvious answers for you

Thanks

Tom

Ecover point bottle at bucket squeeze for about a second, you'll figure your own preference.
Yeah a quick squeeze and your done lol.

Just don't make it too strong.

Sounds ok on the cloths. With exp you will make one scrim last a few days.

Ladders deffo sound safer. And they are. Just make sure they don't trap stones etc.

I give 2 squirts in my bucket that holds about 12 litres of water. Scrim a house is a lot. I use 1 scrim per day & take them in & just dry them for the next day although lately been using fishscale micros from paragon. That stabiliser is good but must admit I took mine off as it restricted me getting my ladder in little gaps that I needed to so I replaced it with good strong rubber feet. Very thick ones.

I give 2 squirts in my bucket that holds about 12 litres of water. Scrim a house is a lot. I use 1 scrim per day & take them in & just dry them for the next day although lately been using fishscale micros from paragon. That stabiliser is good but must admit I took mine off as it restricted me getting my ladder in little gaps that I needed to so I replaced it with good strong rubber feet. Very thick ones.
Those fish scale cloths are pants, they hitch badly when catch on little bit of frame. Happened with two of them now, so back to the normal one by paragon they are ace.

Scrims and micros; when I was full trad I'd put them in the shower every night and I'd stamp the dirt out. A bit like them frenchies when they press grapes in a barrel. I would wash cloths every night myself. Ever seen a detailed window done with a dirty scrim from the inside? Not good.

I still use the blue ones from paragon as well. There brill to. Yeah the fishscale do catch a lot but still prefer em to scrims.

Scrims and micros; when I was full trad I'd put them in the shower every night and I'd stamp the dirt out. A bit like them frenchies when they press grapes in a barrel. I would wash cloths every night myself. Ever seen a detailed window done with a dirty scrim from the inside? Not good.
No as I always check my equipment.

Used ecover/flash today

Normally really good but as soon as sun was out streaks

Changed water ecover only no problems at all

Just a note guys

Used ecover/flash today

Normally really good but as soon as sun was out streaks

Changed water ecover only no problems at all

Just a note guys
Haven't had that problem with Ecover/Flash....

Think I'll say that again :Image3: ....

Haven't had that problem with Ecover/Flash....... :Image9: :Image3: .

Back