Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Would You Quote?

Maybe worth asking how much they are paying someone to clean their windows first. That way will give you an idea if it's worth the hassle of putting in a quote or not as some go as low as 40-50p a frame. Best bet is to work out how long you think it would take you and hourly rate you want out of it plus add any other expenses incurred.

Good luck with the quote.

You need to set yourself an hourly rate you want e.g £30. Then judge how long it will take you and round that up to the nearest hour. That's what I do anyway

U cant ask anyone on here cos we all have different prices mate

Look at the job and work out how long it will take u /emoticons/smile.png then price it up per how much u want to earn an hour

Go the lowest price u can /emoticons/smile.png dont go in at a daft price make sure its good business for u and good business for the client cos one commercial can lead to other commercials

I'm glad I don’t work in the same area as Tuffers & H.

Now can you see why I try not to get involved in commercial work anymore with ppl going about underselling their services like that. :Image3:

£15 to £25 is a joke for that...

Even H has admitted he gets £6 for fronts (3-4 windows) so why only quote £15 for that lot bets me. I would rather throw 200 ltrs of pure water down the drain than do that for £25 too :Image13:

I think some people here are in cloud cuckoo. People just won't pay ridiculous amounts of money to have clean windows. Why should they, it's not like it's a highly skilled job is it? I mean, a factory paying between £50 and £150 to have clean windows every month!

Remember that post of mine asking to quote a one off inside and out? I quoted £50 and £25 for his other house. Guess what, not a dickie. People these days go with the cheapest and not necessarily the best.

Some of you are lucky with what you get paid, but I think one or two here b/s I'm afraid.

I think some people here are in cloud cuckoo. People just won't pay ridiculous amounts of money to have clean windows. Why should they, it's not like it's a highly skilled job is it? I mean, a factory paying between £50 and £150 to have clean windows every month!Remember that post of mine asking to quote a one off inside and out? I quoted £50 and £25 for his other house. Guess what, not a dickie. People these days go with the cheapest and not necessarily the best.

Some of you are lucky with what you get paid, but I think one or two here b/s I'm afraid.
Only one or two lol.

b/s has nothing to do with it to be honest but working smarter not harder plays a big part in how to operate a profitable business.

No longer going to comment on prices on here me thinks £15 for 25 minutes,for crying out load,splash dash spring to mind unbelievable.!

No longer going to comment on prices on here me thinks £15 for 25 minutes,for crying out load,splash dash spring to mind unbelievable.!
H is cheap we know, but would they honestly pay you £150 for doing those windows? It's not like it's going to take all day is it? Say it takes an hour and you go up for your money. That's £150 please sir. The gaffer is going to think wtf. That's half a weeks wage for some people.

I'm glad I don’t work in the same area as Tuffers & H.
Now can you see why I try not to get involved in commercial work anymore with ppl going about underselling their services like that. :Image3:

£15 to £25 is a joke for that...

Even H has admitted he gets £6 for fronts (3-4 windows) so why only quote £15 for that lot bets me. I would rather throw 200 ltrs of pure water down the drain than do that for £25 too :Image13:
Since coming on this forum I've learned a bit of some quality people like yourself.

But it's also opened my eyes to what's going on around the country in window cleaning and how cut throat it is.

Someone mentioned expense,well most of the time companies and customers do want the best but also value for money.like I said not going to quote on prices but £25 that's a joke.

Oh and window cleaning both traditional and wfp is a skill and not just about earning a few quid.

All I can say is the trade is only going to get worse if people quoting those prices in commercial.i know for a fact that I've done jobs for my old firm years ago and they charged at least £100 and we would get a good couple of hours if not 3 hours to do it in ,that was several years ago what is going on.

Back