Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Car Cleaning?

timbeam

Just wondered whether any of you guys offered a spot of wfp car cleaning when you first started up? I just thought it might be a bit of extra cash and convenient for the customer cos you can wash it on their drive.

Good idea or not? Would I need a different brush head to do it?

Cheers!

Have you tried it on your own vehicle yet? I hand wash mine with hot pure water and a micro fibre cloth or two. I think brushes scratch paint like at the jet wash with brush. Not 100% sure but seemed to scratch the bmw. So I probably wouldn't offer it myself, plus there are about 25 hand wash places here.

Hotwash......

I wash my car (with soap) then jet wash it all off, then rinse with pure water(obviously not with the brush) connect my hozzle lock hosepipe to the trolly and rinse car!

Should see how clean and shiny it is!

Probably better to polish/or wax but cant be bothered!

Just wondered whether any of you guys offered a spot of wfp car cleaning when you first started up? I just thought it might be a bit of extra cash and convenient for the customer cos you can wash it on their drive.

Good idea or not? Would I need a different brush head to do it?

Cheers!
CNS who is on here is the man to ask,he's on this forum sometimes and his work looks impressive.

do NOT use a brush on paintwork if you want to keep it looking the least bit respectable - the minute the sun hits it you will see all the imperfections.

some folk wont care though, we wash a lot of worries and some of the guys ask to run a brush over their cars, we refuse at first and try to tell them its going to mark the bodywork a bit - they really dont care as long as it looks clean so 2 sides to everything

Hello,

Don't use a brush, it will cause scratches and swirls. (Liability wont cover it if you use a brush)

Firstly you will need liability insurance for it.

Secondly you need to use a quality car shampoo as the stuff in the shampoo is purposely designed to also act as a lubricant so that you wash mitt does not scratch the paint. You'll also need to use two buckets with grit guards fittined and don't use a sponge.

If you wana talk more about it I'm here.

At the moment I have regular £14 customers for in n out, a few valet regulars at £25 and the odd paint correction, winter protection type thing every know and then. They pay really well as there like £150-700 depending what the client wants and how many days it takes me /emoticons/smile.png

I have people asking me 2or3 times a week about cleaning vehicles, always when I am cleaning my van. I would charge loads as it takes me ages to do as I always pre rinse, wash, rinse with pure, dry with micro fibre and wax and polish afterwards. Takes me an hour to get van perfect.

Lol

Practice and sorting your different levels of cleaning out.

Mine are as follows

Out only - £9 - 25-30mins

In only - £9 -25-35 mins

In n out only - £15 45-50 mins

Valet - £25 - 1hr n a half

4x4/ mpv ect pay 20% more

I'm re working my prices and options today on the website so ill post it all

Up later.

By the way I only

Do the first 3 on a 4/6/8 or 12 weekly.

One offs are a valet and first clean is a valet also

Thanks for the replies but I guess car cleaning will be a no for me then.

I'm wanting to primarily clean windows but thought that car cleaning might be a good side line utilising the same gear but obviously not!

Cheers.

Back