Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain Water Collecting!

im am new so ill probably sound stupid lol

can you put the rain water straight in your water tank?

thanks

I've cleaned my own windows with water straight out of butt and they were streak and spot free but wouldn't advise it. A small amount of resin will last ages though.

I got one of these from Aldi this week fitted it as per the vid but put a cloth in for a filter and just checked ppm and its at 56 my tap is at 147 so am happy as only run a 4.5 di so could not get a lot out of my resin but looking good now just need it to rain lol

got my tulsion resin now how much would i have to yous for 25L of rain water?or is this when i need a tds meter?

sorry to be a blag ha

got my tulsion resin now how much would i have to yous for 25L of rain water?or is this when i need a tds meter?
sorry to be a blag ha
I think Dodger is the man for this question. If I remember, he has a plastic bottle where he puts the resin in a sock and runs the water through that. Think he has 1 litre of resin in it.

He'll put you right anyway.

100-200ltr is a good start but may soon get fedup seeing the rest of the rainwater going down the drain as you will be suprised how much water comes off a roof.

sorry to be a blag ha

I think Dodger is the man for this question. If I remember, he has a plastic bottle where he puts the resin in a sock and runs the water through that. Think he has 1 litre of resin in it.

He'll put you right anyway.
Lol not quite a sock but same principal yeah coke bottle and sponge. Sponge takes out particles then one litre of resin polishes it and I used same one litre for months. Ppm can go high as well as the stuff that causes spotting isn't in rainwater in fact I've used it straight from butt not deionising it and was 100% spot free.

Back