Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Be Careful When Leafleting

Tuffers

My Mrs was helping me earlier and a dog bit her fingers as she put the leaflet through the letter box. Blood all over the shop and the Mrs in shock. Lady of the house came out and helped with plaster and sympathy etc.

Worst of all about 50 of my leaflets are now ruined. Gutted!

Oh and the Mrs has calmed down now after a glass of wine!

i feel for her, i got bit last year when leafleting mine wasn't as bad as that though and i dont think it was a very big dog but it got me right on my nail and wasn't pleasant.

i dont stick me hand through the door no more though when im doing it now though just fold the leaflets up and feed em through takes a bit longer but iv still got fingers left at the end of the day

Did you get the job though ???

I dont even bother leafleting nowadays I just knock the door your halfway there sticking the leaflet in so you may as well knock .

hope u both get well !

I never put my fingers through the letterbox /emoticons/tongue.png sometimes i walk on the drive.... and the dogs their barking jumping on the door... i still open the letterbox carefully and put the flyer through the letterbox even tho the dogs mouths right near the letterbox

i just hold ma flyers through and poke them through so my fingers are nower near the letterbox at all

if its a flapped letterbox then ill poke them through and they will be half hanging in the hosue lol

if y our using cards instead of leaflets then u gotta put ya fingers thru n b careful

I got bit by a jack Russell while pushing windows cleaned through.. The little beep never barked or anything whilst I was cleaning, and just sat behind the door waiting on me, I knew they had a dog.. As soon as my hand went through the letter box, bang, it actually nearly made me poo my pants just as I was not expecting it!! It drew blood but I got no plaster or sympathy /emoticons/sad.png

Has happened to me aswell the dog must of thought a sausage was going through the letterbox!

The owner appolagiesed but said dog never ever bites....well it did then!

Update; we were in A&E till half 12 last night. Picture below, turn away now if you're squeemish.

IMAG0251_zps724526e8.jpg

Latest Posts

Back