Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

harunh

Got 35 First Cleans To Do This Week

harunh

Most of them are conservatorys but im gna split it all up in to 3 days , i hate cleaning conservatorys first tym :(

Do u lot think i shud use cif/virosol on all conservs?

mr shine

on first cleans you should be using what ever detergent you prefer on all windows and connys , its a better end result and will make the next clean a lot easier and faster , it also gives the customer a good impression of the quality of your work .

deano13

I had 27 new ones lastweek I only used virosol if they really bad other than that the boy who works with me cleans them by hand

Guest OoO

Pure water only for less issues.

mr shine

well why did you ask in the first place , dont use any degreaser make life as hard as possible on yourself and dont impress your new customers because you know better . numpty dumpty h

Guest OoO

I would use ecover instead.

johnny bravo

where do you buy your Sniff from H. what area did you get

johnny bravo

did you flyer or cold call. I need more work to set me up.

Smurf

Going to have your work cut out H if they are all minging. Setting aside 3 days will that be enough time if it take you say 1 hour to do each house?

I hope it's just the sides for your sake as 20 + conservatory first cleans including roofs in one week would do my head in. But after saying that if you charged £75 each or more like I do you would earn yourself in excess of £1500 without doing any other house windows. :Image3:

Most of them are conservatorys but im gna split it all up in to 3 days , i hate cleaning conservatorys first tym :(

Do u lot think i shud use cif/virosol on all conservs?

Smurf

How long do you think it would take you to do a minging house with a minging conservatory inc roof?

johnny bravo

you wont get that price here smurf, unless in the right affluent areas. I quoted a large bungalow , gutter clean all round @ £40, soffits and paintwotk £50, discount 4 both = £80. around 4 hours work. phoned owner back up he said he threw quote straight in the bin. offered a further discount of £20, total = £60, said he will think about it. but better in my pocket than his window cleaner. unless he charged him more. never got the job. it will do for a sunday morning.

Smurf

I don't chase quotes at all Johnny.... seems bad form to phone the customer back then offer a cheaper price as sounds rather desperate to me.

If you don't get it there and then even after customer wanting to haggle then simply forget about it. If they then decide to go ahead with the works in a few days time (highly unlikely) let them contact you instead.

Difference being most of my work comes from recommendations so I get 98% of quotes without having to haggle.

johnny bravo

when I get enough window cleaning work I wont haggle on quotes, maybe just a few quid, your right, you don't haggle with electricians or plumbers do you.

Smurf

I alway haggle when wanting some work done as am a tight **** by nature.

You will be surprised how much some plumbers, electricians and other trades will drop in price just to win the work.

Smurf

I always allow a bit extra (haggle price) so can come down a bit when dealing with ppl just like me :Image9:

nwcs

norton cleaning services on stockton high street sell some good cleaning stuff johnny......

where do you buy your Sniff from H. what area did you get

Duncs

johnny just looking at your quote mate four hours graft going to do it for £60 leaving it abit tight ! it could of taken you longer

harunh

a few houses today toke me ages to clean i only used water.... but i didnt do no conservatory cleans

the sills were very dirty... its like so much dirt coming out it toke me ages to clean

tomorrow im gonna work from 8-6 at 1/2 im gona go home and get another load of water... so tomorrow ill be goign through 800 litres of water

ill be getting the cif/ecover out tomorow :)

Smurf

Fare play H and yes chems might help but make sure you rinse well. I did say you would have your work cut out trying to do 35 in just 3 days

harunh

it toke me about 45 mins to clean a house thats only 7 quid :o lol

but its gotta be done :)

spruce
you wont get that price here smurf, unless in the right affluent areas. I quoted a large bungalow , gutter clean all round @ £40, soffits and paintwotk £50, discount 4 both = £80. around 4 hours work. phoned owner back up he said he threw quote straight in the bin. offered a further discount of £20, total = £60, said he will think about it. but better in my pocket than his window cleaner. unless he charged him more. never got the job. it will do for a sunday morning.

I agree. We do struggle up in this area for a half decent price.

Unfortunately, we can condition ourselves to the low price syndrome and quote low, not knowing that there is 'still some money left on the table'.

I generally don't like to barter for a job, but wouldn't discount a conservatory clean by that amount. I think it sends a message that you were trying to rip them off with your first quote and does your reputation no good IMHO.

One of the local lads does the small villages and he gets a much better price in the rural areas than we do in town, but he also has to travel a bit more than we do.

johnny bravo

I also have ventured out of town, got quite a lot of work at decent prices. with all this bedroom tax , benefit cuts, a lot of customers will be feeling the pinch,