Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got 35 First Cleans To Do This Week

harunh

Most of them are conservatorys but im gna split it all up in to 3 days , i hate cleaning conservatorys first tym /emoticons/sad.png

Do u lot think i shud use cif/virosol on all conservs?

on first cleans you should be using what ever detergent you prefer on all windows and connys , its a better end result and will make the next clean a lot easier and faster , it also gives the customer a good impression of the quality of your work .

I had 27 new ones lastweek I only used virosol if they really bad other than that the boy who works with me cleans them by hand

well why did you ask in the first place , dont use any degreaser make life as hard as possible on yourself and dont impress your new customers because you know better . numpty dumpty h

Going to have your work cut out H if they are all minging. Setting aside 3 days will that be enough time if it take you say 1 hour to do each house?

I hope it's just the sides for your sake as 20 + conservatory first cleans including roofs in one week would do my head in. But after saying that if you charged £75 each or more like I do you would earn yourself in excess of £1500 without doing any other house windows. :Image3:

Most of them are conservatorys but im gna split it all up in to 3 days , i hate cleaning conservatorys first tym /emoticons/sad.png

Do u lot think i shud use cif/virosol on all conservs?

How long do you think it would take you to do a minging house with a minging conservatory inc roof?

you wont get that price here smurf, unless in the right affluent areas. I quoted a large bungalow , gutter clean all round @ £40, soffits and paintwotk £50, discount 4 both = £80. around 4 hours work. phoned owner back up he said he threw quote straight in the bin. offered a further discount of £20, total = £60, said he will think about it. but better in my pocket than his window cleaner. unless he charged him more. never got the job. it will do for a sunday morning.

I don't chase quotes at all Johnny.... seems bad form to phone the customer back then offer a cheaper price as sounds rather desperate to me.

If you don't get it there and then even after customer wanting to haggle then simply forget about it. If they then decide to go ahead with the works in a few days time (highly unlikely) let them contact you instead.

Difference being most of my work comes from recommendations so I get 98% of quotes without having to haggle.

when I get enough window cleaning work I wont haggle on quotes, maybe just a few quid, your right, you don't haggle with electricians or plumbers do you.

I alway haggle when wanting some work done as am a tight **** by nature.

You will be surprised how much some plumbers, electricians and other trades will drop in price just to win the work.

I always allow a bit extra (haggle price) so can come down a bit when dealing with ppl just like me :Image9:

a few houses today toke me ages to clean i only used water.... but i didnt do no conservatory cleans

the sills were very dirty... its like so much dirt coming out it toke me ages to clean

tomorrow im gonna work from 8-6 at 1/2 im gona go home and get another load of water... so tomorrow ill be goign through 800 litres of water

ill be getting the cif/ecover out tomorow /emoticons/smile.png

Back