Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Product Design

K

Katarina Kelly

Name : Window Cleaner

Hello everyone, I'm currently studying towards my Product Design A level and I've had an idea. My product is a window cleaner that enables you to clean the outside of windows from the inside. It sounds really complicated but I have a design and a photo of a prototype for you. I was wondering if you could be kind enough to take a moment and evaluate my product, please feel free to be as critical as you like. The prototype consists of an aluminium clamp and a push and pull mechanism which allows it to move back and forth along the window.

I designed it primarily for push open windows. Our topic was a "household problem" and this is a big one in our house, I designed this product based on the windows that we have. I'm not planning on manufacturing this fully, I'm going to leave it at the prototype stage. I was thinking robot tech but that would be far to complicated for me. The product would clamp onto the window frame and detergent and water can be pumped through. There is a push and pull mechanism inside that Can be accessed safely, if you look closely you can see the white wire on the prototype. It's basic objective is to access the hard to reach areas of the windows from the inside.

I really appreciate this

Thank you :)

View attachment 1613

View attachment 1614

View attachment 1615

View attachment 1622

View attachment 1623

Can't make head or tail of it or see the point of it or are you just doing it for a project or do you hope to get it designed & made for selling to the public.

I designed it primarily for push open windows. Our topic was a "household problem" and this is a big one in our house, I designed this product based on the windows that we have. I'm not planning on manufacturing this fully, I'm going to leave it at the prototype stage. I was thinking robot tech but that would be far to complicated for me. The product would clamp onto the window frame and detergent and water can be pumped through. There is a push and pull mechanism inside that Can be accessed safely, if you look closely you can see the white wire on the prototype. It's basic objective is to access the hard to reach areas of the windows from the inside.

think is sounds a good idea and looks good.

one thing to lok at is there going to be enough pressure on the blade to manage to remove all soap from the window? if not then it might leave patches or streaks

maybe something to help detailing around the edge of the windows too

Latest Posts

Back