Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Omegaclean Cambridge

Should I Be Wary

Omegaclean Cambridge

Name :Omega Clean

Cleaning Method :WFP

Years cleaning :Newbie

Area

About me :

Hi Just about to buy a wfp system to add window cleaning to my services, just had a very aggressive nasty post from someone on my fb account- now deleted him!! when I posted my new fb page.

Would like some advice as in general carpet and uph cleaners seem to be keen to help each other and offer help, is window cleaning more cut throat and potentially full of confrontations with each other as I am not keen to take on more hassle than I need.

Thanks in advance

All Round Cleaning

Welcome to the forum .

Just ignore them mate they not worth worrying about they got no right to think they can " own " an area .

Dodger

I think there's still a little of that mate but it's rare. Patches are a thing of the past on the whole.

Omegaclean Cambridge

Thanks I was really surprised as he lives a long way from me, not sure why he was so rude oh well just didn't want to wake up in concrete lol.

thanks again

Posh

Greetings. Hope yer not coming to my patch in Sawston. GRRRR. Lol

All windies I've met round where I clean all get on well & chat.

Omegaclean Cambridge

Lol no none of my custies are in Sawston but you have a big comp there unless of course you are it already, also I think the person I am on about is probably a member so he will prob abuse me here to lol happy days!!

Can I message you?

Cheers

Dodger

Lol no none of my custies are in Sawston but you have a big comp there unless of course you are it already, also I think the person I am on about is probably a member so he will prob abuse me here to lol happy days!!

Can I message you?

Cheers

No he won't mate it's not that kind of forum so no worries there.

Omegaclean Cambridge

Cheers thanks and I have sent a pm mate, thanks again

harunh

welcome to the window cleaning world

get on with it dont let any1 stop u from wat u wanna do

Omegaclean Cambridge

Thanks guys much appreciated

Guest OoO

Patches are so 90s they don't exist any more.

I'm in Bedfordshire. Feel free to PM me if you need advice.

Welcome to the forum

Omegaclean Cambridge

Thanks Damo will do cheers

adyspurs

Cheers thanks and I have sent a pm mate, thanks again

Hi mate I do window and carpet cleaning as well and some nice work in Cambridge.

You advertise in my area,no worries though but Cambridge area is quite cut throat and I've had hassle but tell them where to go.

Pm the name I might know him and can advise to be careful or not as there are some nut jobs in Cambridge and surrounding areas.

Barney

Hi mate, I've had not problems in cambs area, in fact I've been cleaning right next to another cleaner on same street and had good chat.

Tuffers

At the end of the day, if you get the glare from another windy on his 'patch' ask yourself, well why hasn't he got this house then? He obviously hasn't got the area tied down as he thought.

Omegaclean Cambridge

Hi Thanks for your replies, I have bought the kit now so it's a bit late, to be honest I do know this guy and he is very much a handful but I found out today some stuff which may explain his actions if not excuse them.

I appreciate all of your comments thanks and hopefully if we bump into each other we can have a chat, at the end of the day I don't intend to step on any toes but I need to find people who want my services if that doesn't sound too wrong lol.

Cheers

adyspurs

Hi mate, I've had not problems in cambs area, in fact I've been cleaning right next to another cleaner on same street and had good chat.

There is a nasty window cleaner in Ely who don't do a good job,you should pick work up of him.

Omegaclean Cambridge

LOL Thanks his name isn't Mark by any chance?

adyspurs

LOL Thanks his name isn't Mark by any chance?

If it's the same mark I know then yes.hates every window cleaner in the area and i know a lot of them.slagged my mates of and me behind my back.dreamer nothing to worry about,he can't even use a blade and no wfp.drives a clapped out old Astra.

Omegaclean Cambridge

Lol yes I think it may be no not someone to worry about, have known him since school and a previous business, I am surprised he hates all window cleaners though.

We should catch up I tested my wfp system today, wife didn't think it was a great job so will have to practice a bit more before I go looking for work.

Cheers

adyspurs

Yes mate nearly always on here and very experienced in window cleaning and know a fair bit about carpet cleaning but always interesting to learn more and exchange notes.

Omegaclean Cambridge

Cheers mate I could do with some pointers with the windows if your ever stuck with anything like uph or leather or oriental rugs give me a shout,

Going to have another go at the windows next Mon or Tues on the plus side cleaned my van very nicely.

Barney

lol, i think i've seen this guy, driving an old car? passed me buy in his car and gave me a hand signal. Also have taken up new work becuase other window cleaner was not too good, customers complained he did not clean frames or sills, so would make sure u clean them well.

Omegaclean Cambridge

Barney I am guessing he was doing 30 in the other direction, lol

adyspurs

lol, i think i've seen this guy, driving an old car? passed me buy in his car and gave me a hand signal. Also have taken up new work becuase other window cleaner was not too good, customers complained he did not clean frames or sills, so would make sure u clean them well.

I think he lives out your way mate,he really is a shambles.ive only spoke to him a fee times over last 5 years.slagged some of my window cleaning mates,hates everyone.

can't wait to see him again out at Ely next week.

adyspurs

Cheers mate I could do with some pointers with the windows if your ever stuck with anything like uph or leather or oriental rugs give me a shout,

Going to have another go at the windows next Mon or Tues on the plus side cleaned my van very nicely.

Oriental rugs I know are tricky as have yet to do course.

When I get a spare couple of hours can run through wfp and a crash course in using squeegee.

Omegaclean Cambridge

It is the same with all things easy when you know what to look for, if you ever need help with one give me a shout done a few courses and would recomend doing one before tackling some.

dth

Name :Omega Clean

Cleaning Method :WFP

Years cleaning :Newbie

Area

About me :

Hi Just about to buy a wfp system to add window cleaning to my services, just had a very aggressive nasty post from someone on my fb account- now deleted him!! when I posted my new fb page.

Would like some advice as in general carpet and uph cleaners seem to be keen to help each other and offer help, is window cleaning more cut throat and potentially full of confrontations with each other as I am not keen to take on more hassle than I need.

Thanks in advance

I only seem to get confrontations from the *** heads in the game i find most window cleaners are sound and will help you and give you advice.

Dont take no ****, give em a clip,

Omegaclean Cambridge

Hi well looking at your profile I have only admiration for you mate, I have done a lot of MA but tried some training in a boxing club great exercise but nearly killed me anyone that can do even 4 rounds in a ring is in my books super fit!!

Thanks for your advice

The only problem now is I have done my own windows and not really impressed, can you get good results with the wfp system, I am hoping it was just me?

Cheers