Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Franchises

WCF

Help Support WCF:

C

Catherine

Im really iffy on this subject. Ive read, that Window Cleaning, or any other type of cleaning, is a pretty straightforward thing to set up. Now in my (small brain) Im not sure if you had say 15k to set up a business that you would not go out and do it yourself? I would love to know the benefits of buying into a non branded, non knowable franchise, I dont know of one Window cleaning franchise that I have seen........... I bet its tough when you start out, I can imagine that. But I in my small head I see a straight forward business that you dont need to buy from somebody else - look forward to comments........... I just dont think its a right model to franchise...... I know of one other company that does Franchises within the industry - I dont know

iv seen them advertised, they say you get a 'protected round/area', which is obviously bull as its completely impossible to have any area protected. the companies that offer franchises in window cleaning are just chancers, hoping some clueless newbie coughs up the financial commitment they ask for. absolute scum if you ask me, trying to get money for freely available information

Isn’t making & selling Burgers simpler, i.e. Mc Donald’s. Franchising is the Brand and the systems you are buying in-to. How about making coffee, there are loads more business where the product or service is far less complicated than window cleaning. Telephone sales! So it is really the Brand and the business system you are buying, personally I agree with you in general, but if an individual is unable or can’t learn about business (the product or service is often less complicated) for whatever reason, them franchise may be the way to go for some.

A big drawback I see with a window cleaning franchise is how do you remain competitive with your prices, if your not niche? You still have to pay the percentage of earnings to the franchise, so you either work longer or earn less. It’s not the initial cost for the franchise, it the accumulative loss of net profit over the years – that’s the true cost.

Richard

Back