Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Guest OoO

Ott Ooo (Shoulder Pain)

Guest OoO

Not had any real pain for months and months. But deffo ripped this shoulder on monday :(

Worst of it is tomorrow i have some 30ft plus work todo lol

What do you guys do?

Work through it or take time off?

chilt69

Work through it - the wifes nagging is ten times as bad as any pain!

Even worked with a leg in plaster a few years ago - though I was limited to ground floor trad stuff for 5 weeks!

Seriously, depends on what you've done. I've disclocated my right shoulder at least a dozen times, but given a few days rest, I can get back on it.

Tuffers

My neck, shoulders and elbow ache. I work until my day is done and then crack open a bottle of wine. Tomorrow is just another day :-)

Guest OoO

I am using heat and by the morning it's ok. 3 day weekend coming so all good.

I think I have torn a muscle. Nothing major but hurts. Grrrr

Guest OoO

LOL thats what me and old man do.

"let me see if we have one, yeah i do"

"this is the worlds smallest violin, playing the worlds saddest song hahah"

HotWash Window Cleaners

Get an apprentice on a trial run, then use them for the tough days lol

shazzy692002

I have a tens machine, brought from a chemist for about £20. when I ache, or am in pain, I use it for 2/3 days. it works wonders. Worth every penny...

I used to ache every night really badly, one shoulder was always in pain, that's the 1st 18 months of w/c. then I brought a slx 18ft pole and a tecbuk brush, since having this new equipment, I don't suffer at all. I used to use a ionic 17ft pole, because of the lack of height this reach, this is why I was suffering so badly, with my new pole I am able to work at a better angle, not sure if this will help you. I have also stopped taking my hose and reel out of the van at each house, this may have also helped my aches and pains.

Guest OoO

This is my 3rd year of WFP, but this pain is pretty epic :(

I have built the neck, arms and shoulders. Just this time, it really really hurts.

Might give a tens machine ago.

Worst of it is, dad is off ill as well..

Guest OoO

+1

Quit whining and get on with it .

Just sorted cover for two of the vans, so day off it is.

Laugher

Try kinesio tape you can get it from boots I had some for my shoulder couple of years ago and it got rid off the pain

Posh

If you work through it you could be off longer.

What's a tens machine?????

Guest OoO

A little machine that puts out electric current to urmmmmm fix muscles.

Duncs

i used the tens machine on my knees helped alot

shazzy692002

I diagnosed my self with sciatica!!! so brought a tens machine, used it for about 4 days running, and the pain went, it does come back, but not had it for months now...

The tens machine is worth its money, years ago they used it as apain relief when givin birth, so ask your mrs, she will know what it is.

Guest OoO

Well gotta work now. So great!!!

CNS-southwest
I diagnosed my self with sciatica!!! so brought a tens machine, used it for about 4 days running, and the pain went, it does come back, but not had it for months now...

The tens machine is worth its money, years ago they used it as apain relief when givin birth, so ask your mrs, she will know what it is.

They still highly recommend them for birth now :)

Absolutely brilliant machines

Gmeister

Never understood what sciatica is?

I get shooting pains in foot though every nown again, only started getting past month and can be painful

CNS-southwest

I get shooting pains on my back a lot, no going doctors though because they will tell me to stop doing car cleaning and I don't wana stop lol

Smurf

For me I'm in constant pain everyday that's why it takes me a long time to get mobile each morning.

Most of you guys are still young so best look at ergonomics that's the type of working methods, products and tools you use to help reduce repetitive strain injury.

Shazzy has already mentioned about hose reels and using lighter kit that all helps too.

Mart1001

They still highly recommend them for birth now :) Absolutely brilliant machines

...are they the machines that go 'ping' !

CNS-southwest

They still highly recommend them for birth now :) Absolutely brilliant machines

...are they the machines that go 'ping' !

I think your referring to a microwave oven :)

Gmeister

The machine that goes ping!

Ref from monty python! I like it!

Mart1001

The machine that goes ping!

Ref from monty python! I like it!

:Image9:

ps...A microwave goes 'ding', not 'ping' :)

shazzy692002

sciatica, I think is a back pain with shooting pains down the bum and leg, well that's what I have had in the past. lol.

I also never go to doctors. lol.

CNS-southwest

Meh I never seen Monty python so didn't get the reference :(

vespawho

Guys and Girls......don't ignore back and neck pains!! Especially if you have had them on and off for a long time.

I started roofing at the age of 18 and at the age of 27 was having a lower back operation due to a prolapsed disc(slipped disc) As you can imagine, lots of heavy lifting and bending, I started to get pains running down my leg or in my foot, would come and go and just worked through it. I had a bit of physio but in the end the disc was so bad it was permanently pinching the nerves in my spine which is what causes sciatica. At that point i was in incredible pain and would not wish that on anyone.....I was on high level painkillers and still took loads of extra to try and kill the pain.

End result was an opp to cut the bulging disc away, two months off work and even longer taking it slow and easy.

I get aches and stiffness now because its a weak point.

Think about what you lift and how and please don't ignore the pain, you can be off a lot longer than a few days if you do!

adyspurs

+1

Quit whining and get on with it .

Case solved.