Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ettore Porcupine Applicator Sleeve

So I decided to get a new applicator sleeve and was all ready to buy another microfibre one from unger when I thought I'd check out some other brands. There were a few but the ettore porcupine sleeve caught my eye. It was a bit different because of all the monofilament bristles all over the sleeve.

When I got the sleeve I was out straight away with it and the first job was a new customer so the windows were filthy, I could not believe how well this sleeve scrubbed the window, took hard bird poo off effortlessly, and all the other stubborn little marks you come across it handled these just as well, much better than my old unger one. The porcupine made my days work a lot quicker just due to the scrubbing power.

Another thing I found with this sleeve is that I wasn't having to dip in my bucket as much, it held a good amount of water but without completely soaking the windows, I found this again was very handy. It also works vey nicely if you want to give the frames and sills a good scrub to, handy when you get bird poo on the sill or something.

I did wonder whether a lack of a scrubbing pad at the end of the sleeve would be a let down but it wasn't, the bristles cover the whole sleeve and you can still use the end as a scrubber if you wish.

I'd also say this sleeve was lighter to than my previous unger one, and that's once it's dipped in the bucket, not that they are particularly heavy, but any weight saving is a plus in my opinion!

I bought the sleeve for £8.55+vat from the window clean centre and its worth every penny!!

Seriously recommended if any of you guys fancy a change or need a new sleeve!!

Got this after it was recommended in the Trad Section thread for starters buying their trad gear, and it's brilliant. Mostly just practising so far but agree with all that you've said. Well worth the investment :Image7:

I use these a lot with first time cleans. They don't hold as much water as a microbire sleeve, but the do a great job at scrubbing the glass. There is no scrubbing strip, as the whole sleeve is a scrubbing strip.

They can also work with scrubbing fascia and dirty conservatory roofs especially if you use chemical cleaner on these, it helps agitate the cleaner and loosen the grime.

yeah it did with lot less effort as well @mrtaytay

gave my guy new monsoon unger and Im using porcupine

for bird cr-p and dirty windows looking like porcupine the way to go so far but need a wee bit longer use

wandering about older glass as it is abrasive and wouldnt want cause scratches on glass

was out today and used it no probs mate so its getting used for all windows for the forseeable future

most of my windows are pretty dirty anyway

until i clean them:D

great review thats what we need more of....i get lost looking at stuff and wondering ....will now get a porcupine just for very dirty first clean use....

I failed to clean the inside of a conservatory glass roof yesterday using an internal microfiber kit so need to go back to trad it properly instead.

I'm looking for a good applicator sleeve to cut through the grim & bug poo so my question is do you recon the porcupine will be up to the job?

Hi smurf, it's all I use for internal cleans, such a good sleeve. Doesn't hold loads of water so won't drip everywhere either and scrubbing power is immense. You won't go wrong with one of these. Gets off all the sticky little marks and I also find it takes old sellotape off too with a good scrub!

They're well worth the money imo, best sleeve I've used, I forgot mine the other day and so used a spare unger green one, and the difference is unreal, really made it clear how good the porcupine is

yeah it did with lot less effort as well @mrtaytaygave my guy new monsoon unger and Im using porcupine

for bird cr-p and dirty windows looking like porcupine the way to go so far but need a wee bit longer use

wandering about older glass as it is abrasive and wouldnt want cause scratches on glass
that was my worry too....i used it on an inside which was really bad and on one window i noticed loads of surface scratches and so i lost confidence in it ....but when i checked previous windows no signs so i carried on ...i think the owner had used something and caused the scratches...used it loads since and it does a great job.../emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back