Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaks!

bluemoon

Hi all and hope one of you can help.

I've got a Shurflo 100psi and the 2 elbow connectors that came with it. The problem is that it has now started leaking on the outlet joint, but only when i've got the tap on my pole turned of to stop the water as the pressure causes it to leak.

The water sprays out under pressure in a small jet where the hose connects. I've got a jubilee clip and wound bit ptfe tape round the elbow connection and have tried using fernox silicone sealer thingy.No luck and it keeps leaking which is very annoying as can't turn tap off and ends up soaking my van and sure it doesn't help my pump as it never shuts off as it never reaches cut out point for varistream controller and seems to loose pressure throughout the day.

Hope i explained this clearly and hope someone can suggest best way to connect so it stops leaks.

Thanks

Don't know mate. You could try lowering it to B

IT depends on your system mate.

Worth a try. When your tap is closed how long does it take to hit the P or DE IE the pump stops.

for some reason the picture is upside down so stand on your head lol I have shown there is two ways you can connect your pump one is ptfe jubilee clip the other is hozelock style fittings

View attachment 1632

I have tried the ptfe tape and still leaks. Damo my pump rarely if ever shuts off as the leak lets all the pressure escape. If it does shut off then it takes a good minute or two.

Mark how did you connect the hoselock tap connector to the pump, what piece do i need to fit onto the pump?

Thanks for the replies everyone.

thanks Mark i'll try that out and see how it gets on. So annoying with the leak issue just need it sorted and my system will be running perfectly. thanks

for some reason the picture is upside down so stand on your head lol I have shown there is two ways you can connect your pump one is ptfe jubilee clip the other is hozelock style fittings
Thanks Mark!!!!! Just tried this out and the leak is cured and pump now shuts off!!!! Gotta run it for a few days to see if it holds up but think it will do. Thanks again buddy, really appreciate the help

Back