Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Length Help...

timbeam

As per recommendations on here I am gonna get the WCW backpack and pole combo.

But I was just wondering, is 22 foot long enough to reach awkward 2nd story windows, where I'll have to reach over extensions or conservatories?

Thanks guys!

By 2nd storey do you mean one above ground? If so should be fine, might be struggling over a lid for two above ground, but I can just manage without the interference

As Chip says, there's a bit of confusion with your 2nd storey question as, if you mean the average english bedroom windows or tops as we say, then you're talking 1st floor or 1st storey unless you're American, as they count the ground floor as the first floor.

If you genuinely mean 2nd storey as in 2nd floor, then the top of the windows will average around 26-27ft in height but, can be as high as 30ft. Now if your talking about having to reach those over a conservatory, you might find yourself a little short.

Mart.

Sorry all, my question wasn't worded very well!

I basically meant 1st floor windows, one floor up from ground floor /emoticons/wink.png

Handy to know in some cases I might be able to reach the 2nd floor though. Will have to try that on my house cos we've got dormer windows too.

Thanks again for your kind replies!

H - I would love a 60ft pole but might be a tad overkill! /emoticons/smile.png

Back