Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Curse Of Pre-Warning Customers Of Your Arrival

Tuffers

Two texts and one phone call has cost me £67 tomorrow.

1) "The system is doing such a good job that the windows are still clean from last month"

2) "I'm having work done in the back garden"

This is the best one;

3) "I've got the decorators in"

i feel your pain, it does me nut in when you text and then customer texts back asking what time etc or even worse "no tomorrows no good can you come at this day and this time"

That's why mine are 6 weekly. IMO 4 weeks is to quick. After 6 weeks they usually need a clean. I do 5 4 weekly & they don't really need cleaning when I get there.

i message 50% of my customers for gate unlocking and 1/20 times i get a person cancelling me

Its rarely that i get a cancel by texting/phoning customer a night before -

Atleast the messabouts are out of your way go get some good customers like i do when i get mess abouts

When your well established and plenty of work then there's no need to worry guys,I'm sure you'll all get there with the exception of one person on this thread who reckons he will take my work and move up to mine.some people like me to let them know,some don't.

Except where it is necessary for access or demanded by a customer I never contact before a clean, it just gives them a chance to dodge a clean, "It's going to rain this week" or "I'm going to be away" or "the windows aren't really dirty" you know the sort of thing, then they expect you to screw up your schedule for their benefit. I think it's not unreasonable for customers to show some commitment as well.

One of my mates on the other hand approaches it the other way and texts most of his customers before going, I can't begin to tell you how many times he's been on the phone to me raving because three or four customers in a row have put him off. :Image4:

Try not to make a rod for your own back.

When your well established and plenty of work then there's no need to worry guys,I'm sure you'll all get there with the exception of one person on this thread who reckons he will take my work and move up to mine.some people like me to let them know,some don't.
Lost me there.

I never tell the customers I just land and get on with it , before they have chance to complain.

half the time the windows are half done by the time they see you

I never tell the customers I just land and get on with it , before they have chance to complain.

half the time the windows are half done by the time they see you
LOL you get to know the "not this time crowd"

I had one a few weeks back can you leave it this time..... I said i only had one window left. She was gutted lol

Customers my be a PIA but they are still the people that pay us MONEY. You just have to grit your teeth and get on with them as best you can. Without them, no business!

You get the idiots and hard men on other forums who wind people up by saying things like "if a customer said that to me I'd dump them" but where is the wisdom in that? They don't impress me.

OK customers mess you around but that's what life is like in the real world. Live with it and remember to smile.

Only notify the ones who have gated properties or are a bit out of area.

Nothing worse than driving miles to find you can't get in the place!

Only notify the ones who have gated properties or are a bit out of area.
Nothing worse than driving miles to find you can't get in the place!
Most of the properties I do now are difficult to get access. Everyone is so much more security conscious and extensions reduce access at the side. I'm not going over garages and climbing gates.

Back