Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sick Of Doing First Cleans

harunh

had 30-40 first cleans this week... and im only managing to clean like 8-10 houses a day

some houses are taking me over 1 hour to clean all windows are proper dirty especially the frames and sills... i got 8 more to do tomorrow then i got a days work on top of that to do ... so ill be out from 8-7

a house with a conservatory that i charge 12 quid for toke me 2 hours to clean.... /emoticons/mellow.png

H, is window cleaning your hobby or do you actually make a living at it? £12 for two hours work, how did you get that so wrong when pricing? ( not being nasty, serious question) GF

Stop bloody moaning lol .

But I know what your saying I have 15 first cleans to do this week too ive not even been canvassing either

All through word of mouth recommendations and facebook .

I love it I do !!!

12 quid for that house probably was a good price, but first cleans are bound to take a lot longer.

H, is window cleaning your hobby or do you actually make a living at it? £12 for two hours work, how did you get that so wrong when pricing? ( not being nasty, serious question) GF
I thought this too .

I did a one off clean today for an asian chap in a 3 bed semi with twin bays charged him £25 done in 45 mins and he was well chuffed .

H if I was you I would try doing 1st clean with some ecover in a trad bucket dip ya brush in and give a scrub leave for 5 mins then wash it off I have found this method works great .

had 30-40 first cleans this week... and im only managing to clean like 8-10 houses a day

some houses are taking me over 1 hour to clean all windows are proper dirty especially the frames and sills... i got 8 more to do tomorrow then i got a days work on top of that to do ... so ill be out from 8-7

a house with a conservatory that i charge 12 quid for toke me 2 hours to clean.... /emoticons/mellow.png
Squirt some ecover onto your brush, spray window with pure water then scrub dirt away rinse with pure water as normal this will speed up first cleans!

I thought this too .

I did a one off clean today for an asian chap in a 3 bed semi with twin bays charged him £25 done in 45 mins and he was well chuffed .

H if I was you I would try doing 1st clean with some ecover in a trad bucket dip ya brush in and give a scrub leave for 5 mins then wash it off I have found this method works great .
Beat me to it lol!

if i was having that problem id go stronger than ecover ,either virosol ubix and if there really bad id use g101 ,you got to up your game h if you wanna save time

a hosue with conservatory normally takes me 30 minutes so 12 pound for 30 mins work is good to me /emoticons/smile.png

i cleaned a 5 pound house which toke me 40 mins ! shud of seen how dirty it was /emoticons/mellow.png

thats how bad these first cleans are lol

once am on my 3rd clean with them ill be crusing /emoticons/smile.png

and i always use e cover and cif

i been using the e cover and cif past few days a lot... i use them on conservatories and i just get done much quicker /emoticons/smile.png

I find cif is more tough then ecover but cif is a bit thick so when using cif make sure u scrub n rinse well

but cif is the best for me /emoticons/smile.png beats ecover anyday

H people on here have warned you about pricing.you got to take the valued advice on here,sell your self and charge more,stand out from the crowd and be the best in your area.

And make some serious money.

my prices are good and am happy with them.... theirs a few that are underpriced from when i first started out but thats normal lol

but other then that my prices are spot on /emoticons/smile.png im averaging £7.50 per job now /emoticons/smile.png

some days ill average 28 pound... some days ill average 18 pound... but it all works out over 20 pound and hour /emoticons/smile.png

H I think you are getting a little confused with ecover washing up liquid and ecover truck wash that is sold for convervatory cleaning etc

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_ECOVER_TRUCKWASH.html

a hosue with conservatory normally takes me 30 minutes so 12 pound for 30 mins work is good to me /emoticons/smile.png

i cleaned a 5 pound house which toke me 40 mins ! shud of seen how dirty it was /emoticons/mellow.png

thats how bad these first cleans are lol

once am on my 3rd clean with them ill be crusing /emoticons/smile.png

and i always use e cover and cif

i been using the e cover and cif past few days a lot... i use them on conservatories and i just get done much quicker /emoticons/smile.png

I find cif is more tough then ecover but cif is a bit thick so when using cif make sure u scrub n rinse well

but cif is the best for me /emoticons/smile.png beats ecover anyday

smurd thats what i use /emoticons/smile.png

i bought the izact same bottle from gadiners website when i frst started out and still got half a bottle left lol

H see your under priced work why not put them up, thats what i do , if they are under priced i put them up. i time how long it takes

if it takes to long i put them up. But I do try and get the price right to start with.

When i increase the price i,m also prepared to loose the customer, at the end of the day we want to work smart not long and hard

duncs out of about 240 customers ive got 6- underpriced jobs which isnt bad but i cant afford to increase yet

6 is nothing mate i tho you had more , when the time is right you will put them up,

its always daunting increasing the price, are you picking much new work up

getting a lot of new work at moment

Latest Posts

Back