Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

nearlyclean

Using Ecover Washing Up Liquid

nearlyclean

I use to use ecover directly on the brush for first cleans but in a Facebook group discussion some where saying they use it all the time with wfp

Yesterday I put this to the test. I use 25 litre containers to store my pure water and added a drop of ecover. I was surprised to see that the water ppm was 001 . I had a couple of first cleans and some that hadn't been done for six weeks plus. It really did help and it don't leave spotting as I went back and checked a few later that afternoon.

Not sure how much you would need in a big tank.

Thought it was a good tip

Tuffers

I've used it on a brush, wouldn't risk adding it to water though.

Dodger

I've read a few comments about it being done over last few months and I'm told that lemon that has the lowest ppm (think it's lemon).

james44

I use to use ecover directly on the brush for first cleans but in a Facebook group discussion some where saying they use it all the time with wfp

Yesterday I put this to the test. I use 25 litre containers to store my pure water and added a drop of ecover. I was surprised to see that the water ppm was 001 . I had a couple of first cleans and some that hadn't been done for six weeks plus. It really did help and it don't leave spotting as I went back and checked a few later that afternoon.

Not sure how much you would need in a big tank.

Thought it was a good tip

You can add 10/15ml to your barrel thats what i use and have done for the last year or so! there seems to be a fear with people that raising tds will spot! well this is not really true it is what we have had fed into us you will noticed cleaners using water well above 000tds upto 30 in some cases! so adding ecover to your barrel will bring it upto around 10tds will it spot no! and it doesn`t it is all about confidence to use a tds higher than 000

When i discovered ecover for trad i did tests on it for wfp as well and with the help of jouk45 we came up with around 10/15ml was just about right for wfp!

james44
timbeam

My thoughts exactly!

Sounds awesome to me. I'll be trying it for sure. Thanks for posting guys.

DanC

So some are adding Ecover to a 25 litre can yeh? Does it not foam up? Cant see how this can be good? Does it make it clean better or somethng?

james44

So some are adding Ecover to a 25 litre can yeh? Does it not foam up? Cant see how this can be good? Does it make it clean better or somethng?

Does it not foam up?

just a little but will rinse spotless!

Does it make it clean better or somethng?

Not only that it helps speed up the cleaning as well and leaves a better finish!

timbeam

James - Just to clarify, this is the ecover washing up liquid you're talking about here isn't it, not the truck wash?

Cheers.

james44

James - Just to clarify, this is the ecover washing up liquid you're talking about here isn't it, not the truck wash?

Cheers.

Yes washing up -liquid!

timbeam

Nice one. Gonna try this on my windows and see how they dry.

Thanks!

nearlyclean

I been using the lemon, it does give the glass a smooth feel and I agree with james about the 000ppm that it is a myth. It is easier to clean off snails trails that you get on the glass the lower the ppm is but with this Ecover it cuts through dirt.

chip

I've tried it a few times, certainly does no harm that I can see

DanC

OK just to report i gave this a try today on a new clean and on a conservatory roof and sides of conservatory, I mixed some into a bucket and dipped my pole in and out to scrub

the windows with then rinse off with the pure water, and i have to say its soooo much better!! Made the first clean much quicker and the con roof and sides of con came up a dream!

Birds muck came of quicker and much better on the frames! Really seemed to cut through the muck!!

Ill be using this all the time now!

Donny

ive a 650 litre tank, how much would you guys put in a full tank or would youse use it like that ???

Tuffers
ive a 650 litre tank, how much would you guys put in a full tank or would youse use it like that ???

Imagine the froth you'd create with that mix sloshing about in your tank? I'd just squirt some on your brush as and when.

DanC

Shame Gardiners dont do a decent soap dispensor that could attach to pole

james44

Shame Gardiners dont do a decent soap dispensor that could attach to pole

Jouk45 has something coming shortly!

DanC

Jouk45 has something coming shortly!

Sounds interesting looking forward to it!

Donny

Sounds interesting looking forward to it!

yep me too, i'm gonna get some ecover then, spray it on my brush and see whats what, thanks lads

james44

yep me too, i'm gonna get some ecover then, spray it on my brush and see whats what, thanks lads

Dont overload it just enough so you can see small bubbles on the glass!

Carlwindy

Or you can do what I got told to do by someone on here, get a bucket fill with 4-5l of water and add a squirt of ecover, dip brush when needed, works great.

james44

Or you can do what I got told to do by someone on here, get a bucket fill with 4-5l of water and add a squirt of ecover, dip brush when needed, works great.

Yes that works as well!

nearlyclean

I use to squirt a bit on the brush and does work well. Like others have said don't other do it. I had a bit of foam in the backpack and looked like something out of ghostbusters. Bit of trail and error

harunh

if its high level spray on brush

but on conservatory first cleans i clean with pure water then i stop and spray all e cover or cif over it and then i scrub without water flow then leave for a few mins and then just rinse and it does the job

Daniel N Bowhay

hi

Used a small squirt of EcoLeaf in around 18litres of pure water today. 003ppm.

Cleaned windows and they came up great.

Ecoleaf apparently has less foaming than Ecover.

Bought 1 litre bottle from local organic place, £1.89.

:Image9:

Tuffers
hi

Used a small squirt of EcoLeaf in around 18litres of pure water today. 003ppm.

Cleaned windows and they came up great.

Ecoleaf apparently has less foaming than Ecover.

Bought 1 litre bottle from local organic place, £1.89.

:Image9:

Interesting. I might try some.

Guest OoO

Ecoleaf lol I will give it a whirl as well :D

nearlyclean

Back round to do some of the houses I did last month using Ecover and they look good. Did a first clean on tuesday windows haven't been cleaned for two years. Used Ecover in the water, Got an Email that night that her windows were gleaming and really pleased. Usually get the odd water mark but It seems to the job. Like to give that Ecoleaf a go where you buy from as I have never seen it for sale.