Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using Ecover Washing Up Liquid

nearlyclean

I use to use ecover directly on the brush for first cleans but in a Facebook group discussion some where saying they use it all the time with wfp

Yesterday I put this to the test. I use 25 litre containers to store my pure water and added a drop of ecover. I was surprised to see that the water ppm was 001 . I had a couple of first cleans and some that hadn't been done for six weeks plus. It really did help and it don't leave spotting as I went back and checked a few later that afternoon.

Not sure how much you would need in a big tank.

Thought it was a good tip

I've read a few comments about it being done over last few months and I'm told that lemon that has the lowest ppm (think it's lemon).

I use to use ecover directly on the brush for first cleans but in a Facebook group discussion some where saying they use it all the time with wfp

Yesterday I put this to the test. I use 25 litre containers to store my pure water and added a drop of ecover. I was surprised to see that the water ppm was 001 . I had a couple of first cleans and some that hadn't been done for six weeks plus. It really did help and it don't leave spotting as I went back and checked a few later that afternoon.

Not sure how much you would need in a big tank.

Thought it was a good tip
You can add 10/15ml to your barrel thats what i use and have done for the last year or so! there seems to be a fear with people that raising tds will spot! well this is not really true it is what we have had fed into us you will noticed cleaners using water well above 000tds upto 30 in some cases! so adding ecover to your barrel will bring it upto around 10tds will it spot no! and it doesn`t it is all about confidence to use a tds higher than 000

When i discovered ecover for trad i did tests on it for wfp as well and with the help of jouk45 we came up with around 10/15ml was just about right for wfp!

So some are adding Ecover to a 25 litre can yeh? Does it not foam up? Cant see how this can be good? Does it make it clean better or somethng?

So some are adding Ecover to a 25 litre can yeh? Does it not foam up? Cant see how this can be good? Does it make it clean better or somethng?
Does it not foam up?
just a little but will rinse spotless!

Does it make it clean better or somethng?
Not only that it helps speed up the cleaning as well and leaves a better finish!

James - Just to clarify, this is the ecover washing up liquid you're talking about here isn't it, not the truck wash?

Cheers.

I been using the lemon, it does give the glass a smooth feel and I agree with james about the 000ppm that it is a myth. It is easier to clean off snails trails that you get on the glass the lower the ppm is but with this Ecover it cuts through dirt.

OK just to report i gave this a try today on a new clean and on a conservatory roof and sides of conservatory, I mixed some into a bucket and dipped my pole in and out to scrub

the windows with then rinse off with the pure water, and i have to say its soooo much better!! Made the first clean much quicker and the con roof and sides of con came up a dream!

Birds muck came of quicker and much better on the frames! Really seemed to cut through the muck!!

Ill be using this all the time now!

ive a 650 litre tank, how much would you guys put in a full tank or would youse use it like that ???
Imagine the froth you'd create with that mix sloshing about in your tank? I'd just squirt some on your brush as and when.

Back