Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vauxhall Combo Oil Change - Does It Worth To Diy ?

S

sdrah

sorry if is a wrong category -

do any of you serve you van at home ? at least to change the oil ? I went today to a local garage and they booked me again for an oil change for £59 . I've got a combo 1.3 diesel . The filter costs online 7 quid not sure about what sort of oil It needs and how much it costs ..

I know it won't be a huge saving - but sometimes when you don't earn a penny per day ( ie a rainy day like we had today ) - It might worth to do it yourself ?!

Also another important question - when to change the oil in a combo van - after how many miles ? I used to change oil in my other cars every 5-8k miles - but today at the fox garage they said combo can go up to 15 - 20 k miles ?

I don't see a difference between combo and corsa - if so why we change in corsa every 7k miles and in combo at 15k ?

cheers

Do ya self a favour and change the oil every 7k bud. Or max one year.

I service all our vans coz I can. And I can do other stuff.

At £59 that's not bad.

Oil £18

Oil filter £7

Fuel filter £9

Air filter £7

That's roughly what it cost me last time inc VAT

but I know it's done properly and no dodgy parts.

Damo's got the right idea!

I have heard so many storys in the past dodgy garages, or over charging!

So for me I learnt how to change all the filters and oil then I know its done properly!

On the combo its a paper oil filter and its dead easy to get too. Nothing is hard on the combo. There is two different sizes most are the smaller.

If you dont feel confident enough to do it then dont LOL

Nothing like asking in a car parts shop for some 710 :Image12:

On the combo its a paper oil filter and its dead easy to get too. Nothing is hard on the combo. There is two different sizes most are the smaller.

If you dont feel confident enough to do it then dont LOL

Nothing like asking in a car parts shop for some 710 :Image12:
probably isnt hard - I changed the oil to a corsa several times (an old one) - and the filter is exposed and easy to reach it - however in combo not too sure . Does the filter have a plastic cover ? is it this one http://postimg.org/image/yplpl7osl/

? I would be glad to change the oil myself - im fishing some ramps on ebay now

And what sort of oil to get ? it is a 58 reg 1.3 diesel 10w 40 sintetic or semisintetic ? how many litres will get in there ?

appreciate you help

10w 40 is fine, I use 5w 30...

I use shell oil too, but costs a little more, a good make of oil would be Castrol magnatec synthetic type

probably isnt hard - I changed the oil to a corsa several times (an old one) - and the filter is exposed and easy to reach it - however in combo not too sure . Does the filter have a plastic cover ? is it this one http://postimg.org/image/yplpl7osl/? I would be glad to change the oil myself - im fishing some ramps on ebay now
No bud that is the fuel filter. Bottom left of that pic. There a black dome shaped metal part with a nut on top that's it.

From memory it's a 35 torx for the sum plug.

Oil is mega easy mate on the combo. Probably one of the easiest I have done /emoticons/smile.png

As for oil I used semi I think. Car shop sorted that.

Used less than 5l as that's the norm

Do ya self a favour and change the oil every 7k bud. Or max one year.

I service all our vans coz I can. And I can do other stuff.

At £59 that's not bad.

Oil £18

Oil filter £7

Fuel filter £9

Air filter £7

That's roughly what it cost me last time inc VAT

but I know it's done properly and no dodgy parts.
I just took a proper image - is it this one the filter ? http://s16.postimg.org/e5zodhd8l/combooilfilter.jpg

and what (and where from) oil do you buy for 18 quid ? or get it in bulk ?

I bought a filter for £7 and I thought to get this oil from halford

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_498815_langId_-1_categoryId_165581_zygonArticleNum_924431_zygonGenericCode_000000_zygonId_12887432_zygonManPartNum_H+5W30+VXHOP+FL+SYN

regards Iurie

MY GOD dont buy stuff from halfords lol

Check your local area for car part places.

car parts direct

Car auto parts

etc etc

There will be loads.

As for the oil filter, you wont really know until you take it off they do two for this engine. SMALL OR LARGE. SO IDEALLY YOU NEED BOTH, then send one back for a refund.

Yes that is the housing, there is a 3rd screw as well mate at the top of it!

ALSO from memory there is two air filters as well.

A heavy duty one and a normal one.

The heavy duty one has an extra blue layer of foam.

MY GOD dont buy stuff from halfords lol

Check your local area for car part places.

car parts direct

Car auto parts

etc etc

There will be loads.

As for the oil filter, you wont really know until you take it off they do two for this engine. SMALL OR LARGE. SO IDEALLY YOU NEED BOTH, then send one back for a refund.

Yes that is the housing, there is a 3rd screw as well mate at the top of it!
thanks for help - I already bought the filter from eurocarparts - and after putting the reg number on their website - I took me to the oil filter which should fit my van ? at least that what it said .

re: halford oil - I don't know any other local places where to get good oil - unless i do it online - but then I will have to pay probably 10 quid for postage .

I will check online too thx

Same deal here. Gave reg and got wrong oil filter and air filter.

I think the 2006 is on a change over. That's why.

Mine is 2006

If halfords is ya only place then yeah you will have to go with them /emoticons/sad.png

I bought a 4 litre castrol magnatec 5w30 for £32

so in total i paid 39 quid - which is 20 cheaper anyway

but I will have a proper look - I saw online oil sold in bulk of 25 Litres - and It's much cheaper

thank you for all your help

PS: hope the filter will fit : )

Dont forget the torx bolt in the sump.

Its either a 35 or 45 cant remember.

Make sure you put something down for when you open oil filter casing. It goes everywhere lol

PLUS you will have a bit of oil left over to top up if required.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back