Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

van insurance for 21 year old driver with motoring conviction

harunh

Ive got a past motoring conviction its been 2 years since i got convicted .... It was a CD80 offence... and i had a bad accident... It happens but its really coming back to haunt me ... but its hard for me to get cheap insurance on a vauuxhall astra club 1248 ( 1.3L )

Does everyone here have business insurance or normal car insurance ? ? ? ?

I know that we all have public liability insurance /emoticons/smile.png

I will only be carrying a trolley system with me so an astra van would be fine for me /emoticons/smile.png

Whats the best way to go from here?

I have considered getting someone else insured on my car and putting down any driver over 21 can drive it that would make me legible to drive it /emoticons/smile.png

but any other ways?

Thank you

but 6 points is nothing compared to my conviction mate....6 points is so minor... my offence is a CD80 /emoticons/smile.png 9/10 insurance companies dont even look at me.I appreciate your help though /emoticons/smile.png

Someone please help me and reply to my post

with a cd80, u got two options, as most insurance wont touch you after that conviction, did you get a ban as well

1, go trad and walk

2, get someone to drive you who can get insurance, but i think you will be paying a fortune for a few years, so you would need loads of work just to pay your insurance

no, as i think it will be like that for about 4 years, they will charge you a fortune, do you kow any one over 40 who isnt work and start the business with them

stays on record for 60 months ! im 21 months through it now ! and partnership in window cleaning is no good to me. I believe i can only make it work by my self !

but insurance on a corsa van would be much cheaper then a astra van !

not really with your convictions, i dont think it would make much difference, go on gocompare and see what the difference is

you could make it work, but you might end up paying a fortune for insurance and make job not worth it,

I know a lad who does cheap insurance its all legit he said he can get me decent cheap insurance and its all legit im going to see how that goes /emoticons/smile.png

You have to have business use for the vehicle, you cant just have a domestic use vehicle insurance policy, and you should tell them if you are carrying any water tanks. I am with admiral I think and I just renewed it at £1000 for two kangoo vans.

Out of curiosity, what have you been quoted. Also why don't you clean trad for a year or two then switch to WFP, just a buy a estate car for now. Panel vans tend to be dearer on insurance than cars, however a car wont have the payload for large water tanks.

becareful, there use to be a garage where i lived, who if you had a producer, or need car taxing would let you use the company insurance for £50 cash, when it came to accident they turned around and said sorry not insured

With that conviction I would think about doing traditional work. Your insurance will be high with every insurance company (that's if they take you on).

Save you alot of money anyways /emoticons/smile.png

James.

Back