Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Iantype-r

Ro & Di Information

Iantype-r

Hello All,

I'm trying to get some more info on pure water. I don't use it for windows but for cars. I've bought myself a 11ltr di vessel with resin. I've run water through it very slowly and tested it, 0.00 ppm. I poured the pure water over my car put it still leaves slight water spots. I've just tried it on my windows, washed with a soft brush using shampoo, then jet washed on low pressure, but again it's dried terrible.

Do I need a RO system to remove more contamination out of the water.

Would a good RO system then pushed through my DI vessel as a final polish will get the results I'm looking for ?

I'm not very clued up on all this, so any help would be much appreciated,

Regards

Ian

Posh

Dunno about cars but yer windows you just wash with it & rinse with it & just leave to dry. Don't need shampoo or pressure washer.

I'm sure the more experienced wfp guys will give you more information when they get on here.

Iantype-r

I was doing my windows just to see if the water would dry without leaving water marks. I'm guessing the correctly filter water would dry clear

Thanks ian

tench0771

if ur water is o then ro wont get it any more pure u would b wasting ur cash m8 like posh said no need to presher wash windows that is wat probly made then look bad an shampoo will contameanate water sory 4 bad spelling lol :Image3:

David Taylor

the water is fine at 000ppm, the shampoo is whats causing the problem, it may look like it is all removed but will be contaminating the water.

David Taylor

when i clean my van (large citroen relay) i spray with de greaser around the wheels and lower panels, but the top i just use pure water and soft sill brush.

Brush it all down comes up gleaming, just a few bits to touch up but nothing major.

jimbob

when using pure water for cars you need to give it a propper wash first and rinse off then give it a second rinse with the pure water that should leave it to dry spotless but if youre using a decent car shampoo it should dry relativley streak free try AUTOWASH its by autosmart really good stuff theres a bloke on ebay that sells it in smaller quantities if you dont want to by a big bottle. Just wash your car using the 2 bucket method rinse with clean water then leave to dry, and just buff up any drips, it drys streak free ( dont let the windows dry to much dry them with a shammy or microfibre otherwise theyll get water marks on them)

Iantype-r

Many thanks for the replys, much appreciated. I'll do a rinse off with normal water then with pure,

Thanks

Ian

Gmeister

Soap or shampoo car, jet wash it(karcher) then rinse with pure water!