Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

evo343

What Would You Charge

evo343

Went to quote this job this morning, my first 'big' job. Been thinking all day that i may have underquoted, but really wanted the job as im new to this so there is a fine line between pricing it high enough but not too high as to miss out on it. Anyway im happy with the price we agreed but she agreed a bit too quick so could probably have gone higher.

The job is, empty gutters front and back, clean gutters and fascia front and back, and do windows inc conservatory. Just interested to see what you guys would have got from it.

Photo0235.jpg.98f43f91eb011bbc6004fef9981a0607.jpg

Photo0234.jpg.c15fbb128f5bb10fa04cc33bee958019.jpg

Guest ivanbigtoe

Hi evo, I would say 180, depends where you are tho!

Guest OoO

£125 to empty and clean gutters. £40 for house and consv (not inc roof)

Half a day.

Tuffers

£25 house and Conny (not roof)

£50 gutters

£50 fascias and gutters

I don't think you'd keep it long if you were to charge £40 a month for the glass.

Shinytime

£40 for Gutters and £40 for UPVC £16 for windows

Guest OoO

£40 is just for a one off. Not a regular job.

Guessing this is just a one off due to amount of work wanted to be done.

tench0771

i would charge £100 4 glass an gutters not roof tho an a cuppa lol, then if they wanted windows done on a reg 6 or 12 weekly then £20 4 them i live in devon

evo343

Looks like im about on the money then. Thats good to know, some of you have gone higher and some lower so thats cheered me up. Im down in the west of wales where everybody wants something fof nothing! I couldnt get away with charging as much as people do in larger towns and cities.

tench0771

as lng as ur happy then thats all that matters m8 i think £16 4 windows is still good only take half hour to do proply

evo343

Yeah she didnt know wether she wants them done regularly so ive priced the windows as a one off. I guess she is waiting to see the results before deciding if im going back! If she wants windows done regularly ill drop it to 25 quid, theres a window above the garage aswell that you cant see in the picture. But yeah im happy with the price.

adyspurs

Charge what you feel comfortable with mate in time and with effort,experience you can walk away.

Aim to be the best in your area and you won't go wrong and stay top of game.

tench0771

yea she wants 2 c how good of a job u do thats all fingers crossed u get it reg a :Image3:

Kips

£125 - £150 for the one-time work then prolly about £30 for a monthly clean

All Round Cleaning

Id charge between £100 / £120 for that .

scrim it

Would you all do this whole job with WFP (except for cleaning out the gutters)

Guest OoO

Yep. I'd get the ladders off to check the sills though. Just to make sure they ain't green. Nearly been caught out before on that.

Smurf

For me a deep clean job like that would take approx 6-8 hours to do properly. That's including a few tea breaks and chatting to the customer.

Mind you I am old so take my time :Image13: .

How long will it take you? WFP?

Tuffers
I've got one to deep clean simular size to that tomorrow for £290. :Image16:

Are they all mugs round your way?

Smurf

Nope as they pay for a quality job. Simples...

Put it this way I think many sell themselves rather short.

Also if you must know Tuffers when I gave them the price they said it was very reasonable. Go figure….

Are they all mugs round your way?

Tuffers

Lol, I quoted a upvc gutter and fascia clean for £50 on Monday. The fella said yes, but it's a bit expensive. Then I hear his Mrs in the he garden saying HOW MUCH, FIFTY BLOODY QUID! Not heard owt since. Must be minted round your way Mr Smurph.

Smurf

Maybe you should have offered to rent out your ladder to them for 40 squid so she could risk her own neck trying to clear & clean her own guttering. :Image13:

Duncs

smurf £290 lol thats crazy!! if you can get that work dont blame you

no no way can you charge that up my way they would just laugh at you the house was,int that big really

Duncs

different areas in country smurf nice number for you tho nice one

Smurf

There is work like that about in all parts of the country I would have thought as not everyone is poor. :Image16:

Duncs

smurf had sickener the day been looking into W FP wanted to go DI looked into the gear, phoned the company for some info

the guy was spot on turns out the water reading is to high in this area going to get proper reading

he was saying R O system would be best.

since them my mate W F P user also agreed , so start again

tench0771

Would you all do this whole job with WFP (except for cleaning out the gutters)

yep wfp the lot ide do it in about 3 to 4 hours im fast tho an i neck a hot cuppa in no time lol an im 30 so got age on my side an like demo said get ladder off to check sills