Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do You Text Customers The Day Before You Come?

buzzing

Is it best to text a customer the day before coming to let them know or remind them you're coming? Or should they have it written down?

I used to text them all at 1 point but it gives them the choice of cancelling so now the ones that i can get away with not texting i dont .

Even the ones i usually text if i can only do the fronts then i bill em %60 of the job value .

I used to text them all at 1 point but it gives them the choice of cancelling so now the ones that i can get away with not texting i dont .

Even the ones i usually text if i can only do the fronts then i bill em %60 of the job value .
Ditto

I text one or two. But thats only regarding payment or arranging a date if they're due.

Asking a customer who doesnt need asking is asking to be cancelled lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

i tex a few to open gates most i can open with a step ladder an trad pole with a hook i made on the end but like its bin said above resipy 4 people to say the dreded( not to day thanks) lol i hate it when that happens :Image15:

I txt 90% of mine. As most of mine are always at work so I get them to leave gate unlocked and money out. Very rarely do I ever get anyone say not this month. If I do it's cos of a genuine reason, one guy last week was having all new windows installed th day I was due, so by txting him I've saved myself time

I text a few for access and/or payment reasons. Yes, it does open the window of refusal but, that's just another helpful way of weaning out the bad customers anyway.

If they can refuse your effort of taking the time to text them, they can refuse you when you turn up. I picked up a new customer a few months ago, I cleaned her windows once(no first clean fee), then the next time I text her she replied "can you leave mine this time, I ain't got any money here, I've been ill". So of course I replied with "no problem....I'll see you next time and hope you're feeling better soon".

So, the following month I text her again and she replied with "can you bring some money, they want to clean the windows, if not, don't worry". She then sent the msg "oops sorry, that was meant for my husband"....I of course text back with "lol, don't worry, I do that all the time"(even though I don't, I was just trying to help her along). Then I got to thinking, what does she mean 'they want to clean the windows' ?....like as if, I'm the only one getting any benefit from this. I only charge her 6 quid for crying out loud. I knew straight away then that she's not serious about her windows and sure enough, 5 minutes later I received the text "no thanks again, for the windows."

Obviously I won't be texting her again.

It is so annoying that she got her one off clean for the same price as a regular clean and begs the question, should I begin charging extra for first cleans? Either way though, without my texting service, there would be alot of houses I couldn't do so, just see your texting service as another way of plucking out the good from the bad.

Mart.

I text a few for access and/or payment reasons. Yes, it does open the window of refusal but, that's just another helpful way of weaning out the bad customers anyway.

If they can refuse your effort of taking the time to text them, they can refuse you when you turn up. I picked up a new customer a few months ago, I cleaned her windows once(no first clean fee), then the next time I text her she replied "can you leave mine this time, I ain't got any money here, I've been ill". So of course I replied with "no problem....I'll see you next time and hope you're feeling better soon".

So, the following month I text her again and she replied with "can you bring some money, they want to clean the windows, if not, don't worry". She then sent the msg "oops sorry, that was meant for my husband"....I of course text back with "lol, don't worry, I do that all the time"(even though I don't, I was just trying to help her along). Then I got to thinking, what does she mean 'they want to clean the windows' ?....like as if, I'm the only one getting any benefit from this. I only charge her 6 quid for crying out loud. I knew straight away then that she's not serious about her windows and sure enough, 5 minutes later I received the text "no thanks again, for the windows."

Obviously I won't be texting her again.

It is so annoying that she got her one off clean for the same price as a regular clean and begs the question, should I begin charging extra for first cleans? Either way though, without my texting service, there would be alot of houses I couldn't do so, just see your texting service as another way of plucking out the good from the bad.

Mart.
i dont charge 4 first clean but ive also bin thinking the same doesent happen often but when it does it realy does my head in time wasters grrrrrrtr

i recently took over 20 houses that another windie couldnt face doin anymore. these all are TEXT night before , im really wishing i hadnt bothered with them ,some text back "not this time"

Trouble is you can't make em. If they don't wanna pay they won't

Yes you can, you don't have to sign anything for it to legally binding. I have a recoveries agent who will be happy to buy it off me, have to chase client 3 times before by post before I can send it

first cleans if they are out the way I may charge more

and if i think it could be one off always charge extra

the young ones are not always the best at times

Latest Posts

Back