Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Njm0586

New Jobs

Njm0586

Hi what is every 1 views on picking up new work if there is all ready a window cleaner in that area

tench0771

i dont care if there is 10 windys in that area if some one ask u to price an clean there windows do it .i think if u do a good job they wont want any one eals ive had people under cut me loads of times thay stick with me cos in a nce guy an do a good job an i dont rip people off so i wouldent werry about any one eals m8 keep cleaning there is a lot of (stay of my patch guys) lol

Posh
i dont care if there is 10 windys in that area if some one ask u to price an clean there windows do it .i think if u do a good job they wont want any one eals ive had people under cut me loads of times thay stick with me cos in a nce guy an do a good job an i dont rip people off so i wouldent werry about any one eals m8 keep cleaning there is a lot of (stay of my patch guys) lol

As above. Well said

Guest OoO

Must be about 10/15 in a village i clean (5000 houses)

Still pick up work from them and new customers.

Just need to be different and priced accordingly.

Go the extra mile and relate to the customer.

What can YOU offer the customer that there window cleaner doesnt offer already!

Shinetime

If I'm out knocking for customers and someone already has a window cleaner but ask for a quote I tend to leave it. Plenty of windows to go around. Still carry on knocking though, there's always plenty of window cleaners about, if you avoided areas where other cleaners work then you'd never get anything done.

If they specifically say they are unhappy then I'll leave a card and tell them to keep it just in case.

pdale

Window cleaners generally do not clean every house on an estate. What i find when canvassing is that a window cleaner may do a patch on an estate, but turn the corner and he isn't down there. Further you may find houses within his little patch that doesn't even know he exists, for instance if they work through the day. Knocking every single house is the only way.

Guest Catherine

Business is business im afraid, whatever industry you work in. Its all cut throat - I do understand though it is difficult

harunh

Window cleaners generally do not clean every house on an estate. What i find when canvassing is that a window cleaner may do a patch on an estate, but turn the corner and he isn't down there. Further you may find houses within his little patch that doesn't even know he exists, for instance if they work through the day. Knocking every single house is the only way.

Agreed