Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Floor Steam Cleaner

Neil

I've got a gym and spa in London that needs to be cleaned , I need a steam cleaner for the floors and tiles has anyone used one before? NOT A VAX OR ANYTHING RUBBISH LIKE THAT.

Hi Neil

Depending on type of flooring (I'm guessing its a vinyl or safety flooring) you might be better with a hard floor machine (eg rotawash). Also on tile we have found steam to be OK for a maintenance clean but if the grout is discolored it really doesn't make much of a difference and we have usually gone back to good old scrubbing with a chemical and hard work. If its wall tile scrub it by hand, you might need a stronger solution for really dirty grout, wash off and use a flat mop with plenty dry heads to remove the excess water and dry to a shine.

Hope this helps.

Dawn

be super careful with steam on tiles as the steam can penetrate behind broken grout/cracked tiles and it sits damp and encourages mold spores to grow rapidly.

Give clover chemicals a call and ask for bioshield, I clean a gym regularly and swear by that stuff. if you need a chat pm me and I can send you my number :Image9:

Back