Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Tuffers

How Much Would You Charge?

Window Cleaning Rayleigh

I'd be at about £180 for that with a free window clean. But I also use a cream on the upvc after ive cleaned it with the wfp just to take off any hard stains

Guest OoO

Not a lot as doesn't even look that dirty.

Standard rate £35 per hour plus materials.

Would hope todo the job in 4 hours.

mark m

Looks a nice easy job and not very dirty you would fly thought that no more than 2 hours tops £80

Tuffers

Only bit that's going to cause a problem is the lower roof. Going to have to get on that to get near to top soffit.

HotWash Window Cleaners

All of it from the ground £85. 2 hours maximum.

chilt69

£150 - but I'd also do all downpipes, garage door - basically anything white + the windows.

Smurf

Don't think you would want to know what I would have charged for that one. Anyhow doing that lot in four hours I think you did rather well myself...

Nice one :Image9:

Smurf

Out of a matter of intrest how come they did not want the guttering & downspouts checked & cleared aswell?

Reason being I would have offered and done that first if it needed doing.

Tuffers
Out of a matter of intrest how come they did not want the guttering & downspouts checked & cleared aswell?

Reason being I would have offered and done that first if it needed doing.

I to but she declined. How much would you have charged Smurph?

adyspurs

£250 I'd have charge,having to shift my prices up a bit as to much on.Aint had time to ave beer until tonight.

Smurf

I know it was minging and from experience was going to be a ball breaking job to do properly. Therefore the price I would have given had to be worth my while or they could find someone else cheaper. Simples

Ady your not to far away mucker as think 230 squid for all the plastic & a free window clean afterwards would be a good deal myself.

I to but she declined. How much would you have charged Smurph?

vinny8467

Did you do the top gutters from the ground? If so, what type of pole system did you use? Did you use any chemicals? Also, how did you do the gable end Fascias?

Tuffers

Top gutters I did off the roof using a clx-4. Gable ends I used slx-22. No chemicals used, just pure water.

I got wet.

Tip;if you're working on a roof with water, start at the furthest point away and work back. It saves you walking on wet/slippery tiles ;-)

Smurf

I would have done that job all from the ground myself instead of walking on roof tiles when I had no need too. :Image16:

Top gutters I did off the roof using a clx-4. Gable ends I used slx-22. No chemicals used, just pure water.

I got wet.

Tip;if you're working on a roof with water, start at the furthest point away and work back. It saves you walking on wet/slippery tiles ;-)

vinny8467

Tuffers - What type of brushes do you use on those poles for guttering and gables?

Smurf - What poles and brushes would you use for this job?

Reason for asking = I have bought a system which comes with hybrid poles & brushes etc but they are a tad heavy and awkward to use so i think i need to change them!

Thanks in advance

Tuffers

I used a Vikan brush with fan jets in it.

@ Smurph, you wouldn't have got close enough to get at it and do a good enough job from the ground.

Smurf

Panto time....Oh yes I would :Image13:

I used a Vikan brush with fan jets in it.

@ Smurph, you wouldn't have got close enough to get at it and do a good enough job from the ground.

Smurf

I use an old 35' hybrid pole but I only use the sections I need.

Most of the time it's stripped down to approx 22'.

Regarding brushes I prefer to use gardiner ones as found using a vikan brush is like waving a brick on a stick about. :Image13:

Tuffers - What type of brushes do you use on those poles for guttering and gables?

Smurf - What poles and brushes would you use for this job?

Reason for asking = I have bought a system which comes with hybrid poles & brushes etc but they are a tad heavy and awkward to use so i think i need to change them!

Thanks in advance

Tuffers
Panto time....Oh yes I would :Image13:

Nuts, I can barely reach the windows from the ground, let alone hold a pole working upside down for a length of time.

Bad back anyone?

Smurf

With respect I dread to think what you would be like on an awkward job Tuffers.

1. use a longer pole (only the sections you need)

2. don't use a vikan brick

3. use a pole assist when required

4. best clean plastics with hot water & ubik if required

5. finally clean windows & doors with pure

Job done :Image9:

Tuffers

@Smurph, so you would have reached the gable ends and the fascias and soffits from the ground? No you wouldn't have. So while I was up there I did the gutters etc from close quarters and did a much better job than a cowboy job from the ground :P

Take another look at the pics and piece them together to make a whole picture.

Smurf

Cowboys from the ground as you put it don't run the risk of braking tiles or slipping off wet roofs do they. :Image16:

And.... oh yes I can :Image13:

One example over a p shaped conservatory

[ATTACH]3590.IPB[/ATTACH]

You could use that method with a pole assist (ladder like that to take the weight of the pole) on both those Apex's too as I often do...Simples...

Smurf

If you say so it must have been easy :Image13:

What about this example that also had a conservatory underneath the apex?

[ATTACH]3591.IPB[/ATTACH]

Smurf

I'm not having a go Tuffers but us cowboy's that work from the ground as you put it have no choice sometimes as you will find out if not already.

That's why wfp method comes in very handy is it not? :Image9: