Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Neil

Ets Gutter Vac

Neil

I have an ETS 3000 watt gutter vac like the one smurf uses I think, I did a gutter job yesterday but the power was not good at all, I used the customers out door socket. I always clean my vac out as well. I thought these vacs were suppose to suck your head off lol . Would it be better to use a gen?

Neil

Did you mean clean it with filter in or out or when I did the job? I leave everything as it is when I do the job I have cleaned the filter smurf

Smurf

Sounds to me like you have a blockage somewhere so did you check the following:

Filters

1. Head air filter - located inside above the float ball assembly in the centre of the head so need checking from time to time. You don't need to take the head apart as can get to it from just moving the float ball out of the way

2. Dry vac drum filter - if sucking up wet sludge and you leave the dry filter in the vac the filter will start to block so reduce airflow. If so will need to be hosed clean.

Hose

The hose will get noticeably heaver as **** builds up and sticks to the inside of the vac hose and eventually will block up. On my 51mm hose it tends to evently block halfway along so needs flushing through with a hose.

Inlet - take hose off & head on yours to check inlet is not blocked. On mine which is a 100mm inlet I can just take the hose off and clear it by hand

Gutter head - Normally gets blocked on the bend so check and clear any blockages

Poles - They too can get heaver and may get blocked as **** sticks to the inside of the poles so needs checking and flushing through

Air leaks

Also any air leaks from the poles, gutter head, hose or inlet will also affect performance.

Hope this helps?

Neil

Cheers smurf will take it apart when I finish work today , it's got to be the vac itself, I've tried everything else , would a genny be more powerful for suction?

Smurf

Nope using a genny will make no difference at all.

Don't go disassembling the head will you as it sounds like you want to strip it all down. :Image13:

Neil

Smurf what's your email address so I can send you pics of my vac, when I turn it on there is lots of air that comes out round the sides of the bottom of the lid

Smurf

Air blowing from the casing (side motor filters) of the head is normal Neil.

Before it gets too dark take the big dry vac filter out of the drum, seat the head back down onto the drum properly then switch each motor on one at a time. Whilst doing so check suction by placing your hand over the inlet to test each motor suction.

Then get back to me your findings

Neil

Top man for helping me smurf I know you know your stuff!! I've got a gutter job tomorrow morning at 9:30 so will be getting up early tomorrow to test what you have told me, how do I take it out shall I undo all the screws and take the whole lid apart?

Smurf

I've sent you a pm so to give me a call before 10 tonight and I will talk you through so basic tests you need to do.

Neil

£250 that's a good price I'm going to order that one tomorrow if there open, do you think it would be a good idea to keep my old one for spares or get shot of it?

Andykarlaxxx

Why not hehe never can have enough spare spares about

Mart1001

Cheers smurf very helpful good talking to you.

Don't forget to reward him his well deserved rep then xImage9.png.pagespeed.ic.1xBcXCQe62.png

Andykarlaxxx

Always strong helpful info off smurf, no peeing about with mystery answers. Str8 to the point. Credit to this website ppl like you

Mart1001

You don't see a green upwards pointing arrow on the right of each post ?