Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Backpack Help

Praha

Having problems securing the straps. I set them to the right lengths for wearing on my back but when I put it on the straps slip and the thing drop off me. I tried to put the excess strap under the rubber shoulder pad bits but it still slips. It came with a small bag of plastic things but I can't see where they would help.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Talk about H&S!

Do ya back in carrying 20+ liters on ya bk!

Put it on a sack trolly and save ya bk!

I've got a 'big boy' one from WCW, I just mount it on a pensioners shopping trolley frame. Does the job, fits on there well, the trolly falls to bits after about 6 months but i just mosey around the charity shops in town and find another one for a fiver. Last one I got had never been used!

I'm just using it for the odd awkward window. So putting it on my back for a minute or two isn't sore or anything. I worked with a backpack on my back for my first 3 years of window cleaning, you trolly guys are just big girls blouses!!

Having problems securing the straps. I set them to the right lengths for wearing on my back but when I put it on the straps slip and the thing drop off me. I tried to put the excess strap under the rubber shoulder pad bits but it still slips. It came with a small bag of plastic things but I can't see where they would help.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?
Email me a photo of the strap buckles - I can take a look and see what is up.

Spending a day with it on your back is fast way to get a hernia though - OK for short periods of time though.

I'm just using it for the odd awkward window. So putting it on my back for a minute or two isn't sore or anything. I worked with a backpack on my back for my first 3 years of window cleaning, you trolly guys are just big girls blouses!!
I wear my backpack. No big deal. Have to agree with ya mate. ;-)

Spending a day with it on your back is fast way to get a hernia though - OK for short periods of time though.
In the USA we always have the inside windows to do so I usually only wear it for one to two hours at a time doing the outside windows.

In the USA we always have the inside windows to do so I usually only wear it for one to two hours at a time doing the outside windows.
Should be OK then - and you look like a tough kind of chap!

Know someone who wore one all the time for a couple of years and then was off work for months with ruptured abdomen muscle walls. They had to have extensive surgery as well - ouch.

Should be OK then - and you look like a tough kind of chap!

Know someone who wore one all the time for a couple of years and then was off work for months with ruptured abdomen muscle walls. They had to have extensive surgery as well - ouch.
yea it will b heavy an i wouldent want to b carrying it on me bk all day an im fit as a fiddel easer to carry an move when needed i think :Image14:

yea it will b heavy an i wouldent want to b carrying it on me bk all day an im fit as a fiddel easer to carry an move when needed i think :Image14:
I think you're right. A friend of mine uses an electric backpack and doesn't use a cart. Instead he just picks it up like a suit case and moves it over when necessary. He's only got 25ft of hose on it. No pulling hoses, no reels, lighter and easier to load and unload than a backpack with a cart. He loves it. He has an RO/DI ezpure cart but only uses it on big houses and commercial gigs, because he thinks he can move faster without the hassle of set up and hose management around the property. Everything under 50 windows, he does with the backpack. My backpack is not electric so Ihave to wear it. It only weighs about 35lbs full so its not bad, but I think I should get an electric one.

I think you're right. A friend of mine uses an electric backpack and doesn't use a cart. Instead he just picks it up like a suit case and moves it over when necessary. He's only got 25ft of hose on it. No pulling hoses, no reels, lighter and easier to load and unload than a backpack with a cart. He loves it. He has an RO/DI ezpure cart but only uses it on big houses and commercial gigs, because he thinks he can move faster without the hassle of set up and hose management around the property. Everything under 50 windows, he does with the backpack. My backpack is not electric so I

have to wear it. It only weighs about 35lbs full so its not bad, but I think I should get an electric one.
id the same small jobs the back pack comes out its so fast i think its beta than a trollie system i had a purefreedom trollie an it was big heavy an a pain an when u ran it dry by mastake witch was all the time lol u had to bleed it wat a ntemare.if u run back pack dry just re fill an away u go i luv my back pack :Image10:

You won't be saying that when you can't get out of bed one morning

Back