Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank Location

Shinytime

Where abouts in your van is your tank fitted? near the bulkhead or over the axle? I have a feeling it should be nearer the bulkhead?!

I am just looking at transit connects, so if anyone has any experience with these please share!

Think closer to the bulk head the better for better handling of whatever van your going to use....if you had it right at the back more chance of your back end sliding when going round a corner i would imagine

Anywhere forward of the rear axle will be fine.

A tank doesn't have to be installed against the bulkhead if fitted in securely.

Leaving a small space between the tank and bulkhead can be handy when organising the layout of the van.

how much weight can the connect take? i initially looked at those and thought the transit would be a better bet due to weight

what size tank is it? upright or flat? Bulkhead will be better for two reasons, it frees up the back of the van and keeps the mass central to the vehicle

IF and a big IF. If a 400 upright fits use that. Super slim tank but it its wide /emoticons/sad.png

Back